Seneca Healthcare District is now recruiting
JOB TITLE: LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE – WEEKEND PER DIEM
POSITION SUMMARY: The Licensed Vocational Nurse is a member of the nursing team who provides technical nursing care to a specific group of patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Vocational Nurse also assists in patient teaching assignments and may assume charge nurse role in the Skilled Nursing Facility.
High school graduate and graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing program. Must have current license from California State Board.
1. Participate in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
2. Accurately prepare and administer medications and intramuscular and
3. May initiate and maintain IV infusions. May infuse vitamins, electrolytes, blood, or blood products after successful completion of accredited IV therapy course. May instill minute amount of Heparin for the sole purpose of maintaining lock patency.
4. Provide direct care to patients following hospital policies and procedures.
5. Perform treatments and assist in treatments and procedures. If properly trained, may perform glucose monitoring utilizing a glucose analyzer.
6. Recognize, report, and record any change in condition or behavior of the patient.
7. Assist with orientation of new employees.
8. Make regular rounds on assigned patients.
9. Accurately communicate in writing through utilization of appropriate charting method (EMR), the patient care summary and proper transcription of medical orders.
10. Establish therapeutic rapport with patients, families, and visitors, while respecting patient’s rights to privacy and confidentiality of information.
11. Communicate pertinent information regarding patients at shift report
12. Recognize and respond to priorities in the patient care process and adapt to change in workload.
13. Provide proper notification for absence and tardiness; punctual at start of shift.
14. Observe hospital dress code and wear identification badge.
15. Maintain a clean and safe environment for patients and other nursing staff.
16. Demonstrate understanding of emergency situations and response plans.
17. Assist in maintaining equipment assigned to patient care and report malfunctioning equipment to appropriate personnel.
18. Attend mandatory meetings and in-services.
19. Complete and document narcotic count as required.
20. Responsible for observing safety precautions.
21. Follow all general and departmental safety, security, and health procedures and policies. Utilize all safe work practices recommended for department.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
SAFETY AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducts the District’s business in an ethical and lawful manner, and is willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to District policy.
Promotes professional growth of self and co-workers by participating in on the job training, continuing education and assisting with training of new employees.
* Conducts the District’s business in an ethical and lawful manner, and is willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to District policy.
* Is compliant with all federal and state privacy regulations
Assumes personal responsibility to comply with all Federal, State and local laws governing business conduct, conducts business in an ethical and trustworthy manner, and displays the qualities and characteristics of a professional at all times when dealing with patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers, and fellow employees.
QUALITY OF WORK
Assumes responsibility for professional customer service when working with the public, physicians, and other departments. Strives for excellence in following policies and procedures.
Utilizes positive communication skills when interacting with people who work for, are serviced by, or associated with the hospital, to ensure that persons receive the highest degree of attention and courtesy.
Maintains confidentiality of information received in the department and throughout the hospital by complying with strict confidentiality regulations per HIPAA requirements.
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Nursing Officer
ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION: Nursing
CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES
To fill out electronically, please download the application and save it to your computer. Open the file and select “Fill & Sign” from the options on the right. Email your completed application to the email above for Human Resources.
Otherwise, please print and fill out the application. When finished fax or bring to the SHD Admin office:
199 Reynolds Road, Chester, CA 96020