1. Must possess ability to relate with children, high school-aged students, and adults.
2. Must demonstrate aptitude for work to be performed.
3. Must possess skill and ability to work with students with disabilities.
4. Must have graduated from an accredited nursing program. Must hold a current California vocational
5. Highly Qualified Status: High School Diploma and passage of the CODESP Test, 48 semester units of
college credit, or A.A. Degree.
1. Serves the direct physical health care needs of student(s), providing life-sustaining procedures, as
identified in the specific health plan(s).
2. Consults with the Credentialed School Nurse on a regular basis concerning special needs of assigned
3. Maintains confidentiality by not releasing any information regarding students, parents/guardians, or staff.
4. Work cooperatively with co-workers, parent(s)/guardian(s), and staff in coordinating services for
5. May accompany student(s) on special school activities, as needed, during regular school hours.
6. Maintains individual treatment and medication records for student(s) as directed by the Credentialed
7. Organizes, prepares, maintains and updates information for student health records and files, and completes
required state reports.
8. Schedules and assists in conducting health screening tests such as hearing, vision and scoliosis, notifies
parents, arranges for follow-up testing and processes referrals as necessary.
9. Advises school nurse and site administrator regarding students’ major health or physical problems.
10. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
SALARY: $28.05 per hour.
LCOE CONTACT: Courtney Hanna, Human Resources
Lassen County Office of Education
472-013 Johnstonville Road, North
Susanville, CA 96130 (530) 257-7214