OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: December 18, 2020
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
1st Cutoff Date: February 12, 2021
2nd Cutoff Date: February 26, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Licensing Agent
STARTING SALARY: $ 18.53/ hr.
POSITION CLASS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: No
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Licensing Agent performs licensing and background checks on prospective employees of Diamond Mountain Casino. This position prepares and certifies potential casino employee and vendor applications for approval by the Susanville Indian Rancheria Gaming Commission (SIRGC).
The Licensing Agent also ensures all applications and forms conform with the regulations of the SIRGC.
Must NOT be a Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, or related to any Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, casino employee, or their spouses, including “significant others,” in non-marital relationships.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answers phones and redirects calls to appropriate individuals.
• Interacts with the public and the Native American Community in a professional manner.
• Mails applications and required documents to prospective companies desiring to be licensed to do business with the Diamond Mountain Casino. Collects the required licensing fees associated with doing business with the Diamond Mountain Casino.
• Prepares and/or reviews all licensing applications and other associated forms for completeness and accuracy and also ensures that they are in accordance with SIRGC requirements. Makes recommendations to the Gaming Administrator as necessary regarding licensees.
• Performs background checks on all prospective employees, new vendors, and current employees and vendors during their licensing renewal period. Follows up on all inconsistencies and questions that arise through background investigations.
• Processes fingerprint cards for both potential and established employees.
• Creates and updates spreadsheets to track employee licensing status.
• Creates and maintains spreadsheets on all vendor licensees including all license fees owed and received.
• Maintains files on all Diamond Mountain Casino employees and vendors.
• Meets deadlines without supervision.
• Acts as the liaison with NIGC, CGCC and DOJ regarding employee and vendor licensing at the direction of the Gaming Administrator.
• May provide assistance in Surveillance.
• May provide assistance with Gaming machine compliance, Gaming machine audits and Gaming machine chip verification.
• Assists with drug testing on Casino employees.
• Assists with all areas of compliance, such as audits of individual departments and facility licensing and occupancy inspections and reports.
• May provide logistical support for all meetings and conferences.
• May be responsible for taking and transcribing minutes at the SIRGC meetings. Will prepare agendas and all other associated SIRGC meeting documents as requested.
• In the absence of the Executive Assistant, may perform the duties of the Executive Assistant.
• Assists in compiling statistics and creating spreadsheets.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to obtain a Gaming License for the Susanville Indian Rancheria Gaming Commission
• Ability to understand, follow, and explain regulations and policies pertaining to licensing
• Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor at all times
• Self- motivated and capable of sound judgment
• Able to organize workload in order to meet deadlines- time management
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
3. Must be 21 Years of Age.
4. One-year office experience or education equivalent in office practices.
5. Six months experience processing background investigations.
6. Must score a minimum of 70% on pre-employment skills testing in Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
8. Must meet all requirements to qualify for a Susanville Indian Rancheria Gaming License.
9. Must be willing to work in a secondhand cigarette smoke environment.
10. Cannot be related to any Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, casino employee, or their
11. Must pass pre-employment background check.
12. Must pass pre-employment drug test.
13. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain within ninety (90) days of hire date.
14. Must be willing to travel for training.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
• Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
• Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
• Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
• Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
• Comply with policies and procedures.
• Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
• The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
• Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements)
or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete
you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting
your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certification required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each minimum qualification.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address.
All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.