The Light Sewing Machine Operator for the class I, II, III, IV sewing machines is responsible for sewing and bartacking various products. This hands on position requires sewing skills, initiative, and judgment in solving problems that might occur.
The Light Sewing Machine Operator reports to the Light Sewing Machine Supervisor & Heavy Sewing Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for sewing 3, 4, and 5-point patterns accurately; sewing 3 or more layers of webbing accurately.
Operate all Bartacking machine and up machines to include threading; top and bottom tension adjustment; bobbin adjustment; adjusting width and length of Bartack machine.
Responsible for sewing climbing light style Harness; Alpine Instructional Gyms and Speed Harnesses. Sewing slot style Harnesses; NFPA Seats Assault light, etc.
Identifying all thread types and sizes by spools; 69, 92, 138, 207, 346, 415 Nylon , Polyester & Kevlar and applying them accurately.
- General Education required.
- The ability to communicate, read and write in the English Language is required.
- Ability to read a basic tape measure and understand basic math.
- Manufacturing sewing experience preferred.
- Must be able to perform efficiently and effectively to meet close deadlines.
- Must be able to read drawing accurately, execute all sewing and marking procedures from patterns.
- Must have the ability to work under the direction of the Light Sewing Supervisor.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently and take initiative.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with physical limitations to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch 20% of the time and walk 20% of the time.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to be seated approximately 60% of the time.
- The above percentages are an approximate. The physical demands may change periodically.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 35lbs and drag 70 lbs.
To Apply for this position download the application in the link below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring in person