Job Title: Line Cook/Prep Cook
- Prepare foods in accordance with working menus and recipe cards.
- Set up and maintain stock of food preparation line.
- Assist in directing and correcting the presentation and portioning of food.
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KONWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Possess considerable knowledge in food preparation, presentation and portion control.
- Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES REQUIRED:
Food Handler’s Card
- Standing/walking: Constantly. Concrete, tile, rubber mats covering tile, carpet, stairs, etc.
- Crouching: Frequently. Lift heavy objects, put supplies away, reach lower shelving in walk-ins, and supply shelves, retrieve items from ovens.
- Stooping: Frequently. Lifting, demonstrating and training cooking techniques, putting supplies away, retrieve items from ovens.
- Twisting: Frequently. Answering the telephone, cooking food, place or retrieve supplies, product, performing line positions.
- Climbing: Occasionally. Retrieve product, stairs.
- Balancing: Occasionally. Carrying supplies, product, working near hot equipment.
- Leg/foot use: Occasionally. With kitchen equipment.
- Reaching(overhead/extension): Frequently. Working the line, reaching for objects, supplies.
- Handling / Grasping: Frequently. Supplies, knives, slicer, utensils, saute pans, tuning on the water faucets.
- Fingering / Feeling: Frequently. Spices, foods.
- Pushing/pulling: Average weight: Occasionally. Racks, carts with products weighing 5-100 pounds. Maximum weight: Occasionally 100 pounds, rarely up to 200 pounds.
- Lifting / carrying : Average weight; occasionally. Product, supplies weighing 1 to 35 pounds. Maximum weight: Frequently. 50 pounds.
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place