- Ability to carry 25 pounds, bend, life, and twist.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of adult learning and literacy issues.
- Ability to recruit, train, and oversee literacy volunteers.
- Knowledge of the unique rural community in which the Library is located.
- Ability to organize and direct the growth and development of the Library literacy program.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Computer literacy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to convey information correctly through speaking and writing.
- Reading comprehension.
Literacy Coordinator Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university OR five (5) years of experience in working with students and delivering curriculum.
- Five (5) years of experience in working with the public/customer service.
- Evidence of written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to be trained and willingness to accept and respond to direction.
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s license, current proof of vehicle insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
Minimum Education and Experience