The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of the Sacramento, CA and surrounding area as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in Human Resources. In this position, you will provide administrative and human resources support. Typical assignments include:
- Working with hiring managers to determine personnel and staffing requirements.
- Preparing HR documentation such as the Request for Personnel Action (SF-52) form.
- Retrieving workforce management information reports, analyzing report data, verifying report accuracy, and taking any corrective actions needed to reconcile reports.
- Providing guidance regarding timekeeping policies and procedures and determining need for and inputting corrections to the timekeeping system.
- Managing assigned personnel in the Deployment Tracking System (DTS) and making required updates as needed.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional conditions.
Please ensure you meet the qualification requirements described below. IN ADDITION: Minimum age of eighteen years of age is required. All candidates must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Your resume.
- Your responses to the job questionnaire –You will be directed to the online job questionnaire once you begin the application process for this position.
How to Apply: To begin your online application, click the Apply Online button and follow the prompts to register or sign into USAJOBS, take the online questionnaire, and submit the required documents. See Required Documents section for more detail.We strongly encourage you to apply online. If you cannot apply online or do not have access to the internet (e.g., applicant experiencing documented system issues, applicant does not have access to the internet, etc.), you may be able to submit a paper application and the required forms. To do so, please contact the Human Resources Specialist listed in the Agency Contact Information prior to the close of this announcement.