Mt. Lassen CA Trout & Steelhead
Requirements: Minimum Class B CDL with tanker endorsement
Wages: Pay by the mile. Pay rate varies based on experience
Bio: Mt. Lassen Trout Farms, Inc. has been raising trout and steelhead for recreational fishing and seafood markets since 1949. We operate a number of different farms in and around northern California. Our headquarters is located near Manton.
We are looking for a qualified long-haul truck driver to deliver live trout to central and southern California multiple times a week. Our drivers leave HQ in the late afternoon or early evening and drives during the night to our customers in southern California. Monitoring of fish health and oxygen systems are necessary during transport. Once the truck arrives at each lake, pipes will need to be handled for offloading.
This is a seasonal job starting in late October and ending in early May. Full time employment may be an option depending on candidate. Full time comes with full medical, dental and retirement benefits.
- Must be reliable, punctual, and able to work independently.
- Must have a valid California Class B driver’s license with a tanker endorsement.
- Must be able to pass all DOT drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Manton area.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to communicate with customers prior to delivery with ETA.
- Must be able to navigate to remote locations throughout central and southern California
- Must be willing to learn how to safely transport live trout and understand all monitoring systems on truck to ensure the health of fish on board.
For all interested candidates, please contact Katie Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 530-474-1900Minimum Education and Experience