Glenn County Office of Education
Program: Early Head Start
Salary: $146.99 to $158.90 per day with benefit package
Work Year: 40 hours per week starting 7/1/21 to no later than 6/30/22
Deadline: Until Filled
- High School Diploma/GED
- Hold/qualify for a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
(visit https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/req-child-dev for permit requirements)
- Three (3) infant/toddler units and six (6) units in a Human Service field
- One (1) year of experience working with infants and toddlers
- Two (2) years of experience working directly with families
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license and insured reliable transportation
- Bilingual English/Spanish desired
- Support and guide parents to be their child’s “First Teacher” utilizing and individualizing the evidence based curricula Partners for a Healthy Baby & Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers, and Twos.
- Conduct weekly one-and-a-half-hour home visits with prenatal mothers and/or families of enrolled children ages 0-3.
- Plan and provide twice a month play group (Socialization) experiences for enrolled families
- Support families to set and achieve family goals building safety and stability for their family.
- Support families in accessing services and resources within the community.
- Complete developmental screener(s) and support parents in assisting with observations of child growth and development.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and documentation
- Support parents to be involved in all components of the Early Head Start/Head Start programs
Applications without the required documentations will not be considered
- Complete Application and Resume
- Copy of High School Diploma
- Copy of Permit (if applicable)
- Copy of Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Letters of Recommendations
(1 professional and 1 personal)
How to Apply:
- Applicants can apply online at www.glenncoe.org, by clicking the tab “career opportunities”
Child and Family Services
Miriam Lopez, HR Manager
676 E. Walker Street, Orland CA 95963
530-865-1267 ext. 2211
Glenn County Office of Education is an Equal Opportunity Provider and EmployerMinimum Education and Experience