JOB TITLE: Classroom Teacher – Grades 7-12, Spanish I & II
DESCRIPTION: Under direct supervision of the school site administrator, a credentialed teacher will provide an educational program for pupils in grades seven through twelve in a departmentalized school environment. The employee will provide an educational environment that encourages productive, responsible citizens and is accountable for the safety and welfare of all students.
- DEADLINE: Applications will be received until position is filled
- LOCATION: Loyalton High School, Loyalton, CA, for Sierra-Plumas Joint Unified School District, Sierra County. Grade 7-12 enrollment averages 150 students served by eleven certificated staff and other support personnel. Applicant must appreciate a rural community environment.
- BENEFITS: Full health insurance benefits, CalSTRS retirement; sick leave
- ASSIGNMENT: Full time, 182 day work year, traditional school calendar August-June
- Possession of or qualify for a valid California Credential authorizing instruction in Spanish and/or teaching experience in these subjects; District is agreeable to work with personnel in securing appropriate credentials
- Appropriate English Language Learner (CLAD-BCLAD) authorization
- Knowledge of California Curriculum Standards and framework for secondary grade levels
- Highly qualified and energized to teach subject areas
- Ability to utilize a variety of specialized methodology in teaching and instructing students including utilizing educational software for curriculum and reporting
- Experience in identifying students appropriate to the response to intervention (RTI) referral process
- Experience in monitoring the progress of students on a regular basis and participate in the review of student progress and readiness for grade promotion
SALARY: Up to $76,594 per year beginning salary. Maximum fifteen years credit for teaching experience may be granted for initial placement on the salary schedule
TO APPLY: Visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/1872067Minimum Education and Experience