Cashiers receive cash, debit or credit card payments from customers or employees in payment for goods or services, following company procedures. Provide excellent customer service by recording and reading correct merchandise totals, returning the proper amount of change to customer and issuing a printed receipt. Stock store shelves and coolers daily. Assist with self-serve beverage counter by keeping clean and well stocked. Ensure the fuel mart cleanliness and sanitation within standards. Prepare food for fuel mart deli.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate Point of Sale cash register, perform accurate cash register transactions
- Ensure customer service is priority by greeting and thanking everyone.
- Read and record cash register totals and verify against cash on hand (balance till at end of shift).
- Stock store shelves and other display areas with products daily.
- Monitor and assist at beverage bar by making coffee hourly, keeping up and cleanliness, filling food dispensers as needed.
- Check in vendors according to established procedures and record data as required and invoices against inventory.
- Ensure the fuel mart’s inside and out, cleanliness and sanitation within standards.
- Record information and print reports at end of shift and day.
- Perform all duties and activities in a proper and professional manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform non regular duties daily as requested.
- Ensure that the Men’s and Women’s restrooms are well stocked with sanitary supplies and that the floors, walls and utilities are clean at all times.
- The fuel mart floors are to be mopped daily at end of night shift and according to cleanliness as needed.
- Train new employees assigned to your shift after 90 day probationary period.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to, or modified as deemed necessary.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified Indian Preference applies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to pass extensive background investigation for the issuance, and retention, of a gaming license.