The Front Desk Agent is responsible for performing a range of guest services and support activities. Guest Services Representatives perform routine clerical work, data entry, make and confirm guest reservations, and compute guest bills. The Hotel Guest Services Representative provides hotel guests with above and beyond service to ensure their experience is enjoyable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation, used the guest surname.
- Review arrivals, noting special requests and blocking rooms as needed.
- Check hotel guests in and out in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Answer all phone calls promptly, striving for complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Graveyard) checklist by end of shift.
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS, repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit card policies are followed.
- Issue safety deposit boxes upon request.
- Submit all lost and found articles accompanied by a completed lost & found report.
- Be knowledgeable of immediate area, including services, attractions, and events.
- Be knowledgeable of fire and emergency procedures.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, checks, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Verify credit limit report.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel using yield management system.
- Attend department meeting once a month.
- Perform all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Other department related duties will be assigned as deemed necessary by management.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of how to operate telephones and computer stations.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic accounting is desirable
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
- Qualified American Indian Preference applies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to pass a drug screening and extensive background check.