The Accounts Payable Clerk is a support position in the Finance Department. The primary function of this position is to provide the day-to-day operations for fiscal activities related to vendor payments of Lucky 7 Casino and other fiscal expenses incurred by Lucky 7 Casino.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Print and process checks for all purchase orders and check requests.
- Coordinate mailing and distribution of all processed checks.
- Maintain vendor files and W-9 tax forms to ensure accurate and required documentation.
- Process the annual 1099 Tax forms regarding the accounts payable distribution. Maintain and review any questions on 1099’s.
- Update vendor listings and process for all departments.
- Print MAS200 accounts payable reports.
- Maintain files on lease and contractual agreements.
- Prepare payments by entering data into a computerized accounting system (MAS200). Responsible for having prepared checks signed and approved signers, then prepares checks for mailing or delivery to the appropriate individual or department.
- Document, process, and track all NSF checks and subsequent payments.
- Assist in developing additional Finance Department functions regarding requisitions and purchase orders.
- Maintain physical control of appropriate copies of checks.
- Provides back-up and support to Accounting Department.
- Provide technical assistance to Controller for property control and record keeping.
- Maintain records of accounts, updating daily transactions, analyzing and classifying transactions, preparation of records for reports, research, financial statements, filing, and payment if recurring charges, requisitions, and reports.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added to modified or changed at the sole discretion of management.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to, or modified as deemed necessary.
- Knowledge of accounting methods, statistical procedures and reporting.
- Above average ability to work with numbers. Ability to work accurately with detail and to be precise while working within set standards.
- Ability to perform the same tasks continuously, sometimes working under the pressure of meeting deadlines.
- Skill in using various standard office machines such as 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computer operated account system (MAS200) and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of the inter-relationship of accounts and the effect of transactions on the overall system of ledgers in the computerized accounting system.
- Knowledge of various account codes used to process transactions, assign appropriate codes, resolve discrepancies, and prepare reports.
- Ability to function effectively under the pressure of time and/or demands of several tasks at once by organizing and prioritizing workload.
- One year accounts payable experience.
- Excellent organizations skills.
- Experience with MS office and accounting Software.
- Ability to Multi-Task.
- Qualified Indian Preference applies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to pass extensive background investigation for the issuance, and retention, of gaming license.