Manages convenience store engaged in selling merchandise, liquors and petroleum products. Supervise all slot machine activity. Responsible for all aspects of the store operations including, but not limited to, safety and sanitation, inventory and ordering, manpower planning, employee development and training, loss prevention, and promotions for achieving sales goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare work schedules and create specific employees duties.
- Responsible for maintaining an acceptable gross profit, proper inventory management, including compliance with any contractual agreements, and management reporting of store operations within stated time frames.
- Monitor and maintain proper store cleanliness, sanitation, appearance and maintenance.
- Accept and check merchandise deliveries for accuracy and quality.
- Prepare vendor invoices for payments remittance.
- Coordinate promotional activities, prepare or direct workers preparing merchandise displays and advertising.
- Inventory control: Record all purchases at SRP (suggested retail pricing) and compare to the physical counts within the store.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to, or modified as deemed
- Supervise employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records and preparing daily record of transactions.
- Ensures compliance of employees with security, sales, and record keeping procedures.
- Responsible for training of all employees to assure maximum effectiveness.
- Monitor and verify all vendor activity in the store.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, training of employee’s, appraising performance, and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and solving problems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College Degree or specialized training, or two to five years experience in retail management, convenience and/or liquor store.
- Working knowledge of management concepts, principles and practices associated with retail management, including, but not limited to personnel, finance, property and record management, with loss prevention experience.
- Must have the ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software associated with retail sales
- Qualified Indian Preference applies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to pass extensive background investigation for the issuance, and retention, of gaming license.