Performs a range of basic office support activities for the Casino Administrative Offices, such as answering phones and directing calls, greeting and directing visitors, answering questions and performing routine clerical, data entry and/or word processing work as assigned. Incumbent may be assigned to any department on a rotating basis as need arises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages and provides general information, greets and directs visitors; answers routine inquires; maintains log of inquires as required.
- Routes incoming mail, distributes correspondence and other material to departments.
- Order office supplies for all departments. Maintain an inventory of office supplies.
- Performs a variety of routine typing assignments as appropriate to the position; operates a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; types and mails form letters.
- Copies and/or duplicates materials as requested; may oversee day-to-day operation of the copy machine; prepares and transmits facsimiles as requested by Managers.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents, as directed.
- May perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
- Maintains all of the Mail Logs for incoming and outgoing mail and Fax’s
- May run various routine errands, as required, for the Management Staff or any department as requested by your Supervisor.
- Accepts and dates applications for work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to, or modified as deemed necessary.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 1 year relevant experience required.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced working environment.
- Ability to work with and handle Tribal Members, clients, applicants and various customers under stress in a professional manner.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
- Qualified American Indian Preference applies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid, state-issued driver’s license, submit a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driving history, and be eligible for Tribal vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to pass extensive background investigation for the issuance, and retention of gaming license.