Responsible for the daily preparation of food items by cooking all orders and preparing foods ahead for all shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to, or modified as deemed necessary.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified Indian Preference applies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to pass extensive background investigation for the issuance, and retention, of gaming license.