Assist the Line Cook with daily preparation of menu items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete opening and closing checklist.
- Clean all food service areas.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Inform Kitchen Manager immediately of product shortages.
- Use Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to, or modified as deemed necessary.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 6 months of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Qualified Indian Preference applies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to pass extensive background investigation for the issuance, and retention, of gaming license.