|Close Date: Open|
|Job Type: Full-Time|
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Certified Lumber Grader at our division based in Quincy, CA.
About the Position
- Visually inspect quality of lumber to be graded and grade lumber of varying dimensions and specie
- Apply grade rules to maximize lumber profitability
- Ensure lumber produced is within grade parameters to maintain grade reliability
- Ensure lumber produced is within expected grade yields and take appropriate action or trouble shooting to correct
- Maximize yield by either determining if flaws in lumber need to be trimmed to maintain higher grade or to reduce the grade of lumber
- Calibrate and monitor grade scan
- Straighten lumber that may be jammed or crossed up
- 2 or more WWPA, TPI, or similar grader certification required
- 5 years in the lumber industry
- In depth understanding of American Lumber Standard grading rules
- Recent, good, verifiable work references
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
Education Level: No Minimum Education Requirement Requires a Driver’s License: No
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Can’t make it in? Let’s talk!
EOEMinimum Education and Experience