Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Per Diem Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). Reporting to the Nursing Supervisor, the LVN works in conjunction with physicians, nursing staff, patients, families and other facility departments to provide optimum individualized nursing care.
$26.75 – $39.28 per hour
(plus $2.88 per hour)
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
– A CA licensed nurse with good physical and mental health.
– Current ACLS, PALS, and BLS level CPR certification.
– Good physical health and stamina with ability to walk, bend, lift and who has the dexterity to perform the manual skills required for patient care.
– Good mental health. Is able to accept and tolerate behavior of patients who may be confused and may be abusive both verbally and physically.
– Is adaptable, able to follow directions, grasp new ideas and accept change.
– Is able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Is able to see and hear adequately to perform functions of the job.
– Is dependable, reliable and has a history of good attendance.
– Has strong assessment skills and is resourceful in emergency situations.
– Possesses an interest in continuing education and self-development.
– Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
– Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient’s immediate condition or needs within time frame specified by facilities policy and procedures or protocols. Notifies Charge Nurse and MD of abnormal findings.
– Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
– Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by the physician in an accurate and timely manner.
– Performs all assigned tasks accurately (e.g., EKGs, blood draws, IV starts, etc.). Keep work area and assigned rooms clean and free of clutter. Provide fresh drinking water for patients every 4 hours or more as needed. Restock storage area, IV room, and wound cart for acute floor.
Application Process: Apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience