The Line Operator is responsible for all aspects of daily operation for the specific machine being operated to maximize machine efficiency, product quality, and output while maintaining SQF and other food production standards and policies. This position supports the production floor by maintaining a well working machine and seamless production flow.
- Lead all pre/post-operational duties to minimize downtime and possible machinery failures.
- Ensure that equipment has been cleaned properly and provide necessary feedback to maintenance manager.
- Read and follow written production work orders to accurately produce and record finished goods and final pallet counts.
- Monitor production line speeds to prevent potential safety hazards while maximizing output and quality.
- Load and unload raw materials onto the production line including ingredients and packaging materials.
- Inspect raw materials and finished goods for any defects and notify QA before proceeding further in the production process.
- Set up machinery on the correct settings according to company machine specifications and continually monitor and adjust machinery throughout the production day as necessary.
- Follow all company safety guidelines and regulations regarding food safety, including company SOPs, SSOPs, GMPs, and SQF guidelines.
- Record all downtime and waste according to company specifications.
- Assist on the production line as-needed during breaks and lunches to ensure proper staffing.
- Perform routine maintenance and notify the Maintenance Manager of any machinery deviations, broken parts, and/or parts needed.
- Keep work area and tools clean using common cleaning equipment.
- Other production line functions as necessary.
- Assure quality of goods being produced meets company standards and customer specifications.
- Must be able to operate and intermittently adjust machinery.
- Keep the production line running with minimal downtime and generated waste.
- Respond quickly and appropriately while the line is down and inform the appropriate management.
- Must be able to recognize and pull correct raw materials for the finished goods being produced.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPEREINCE
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and effectively communicate with staff.
- General knowledge of production equipment and machinery.
- Proficient at troubleshooting and solving the given problem.
- Forklift Certified preferred.
- Computer experience preferred (Microsoft Excel).
- 3+ years with machine operating experience or work in a mechanical field.
- Must have knowledge of weights (grams, ounces, pounds) and operate scales.
- Knowledge of multiple languages and skills to communicate with language barriers preferred.
- Must be able to take direction and response properly to constructive criticism.
- Must be present and ready to work as scheduled by the supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Steam Capping: 3 years (Preferred)
To apply: Please send resume in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com. Include “Mooney Machine Operator” in the subject line.Minimum Education and Experience