Job Order: 17440409 Print Date: 02/03/2021 Expires: 04/04/2021
Job Title: Machinist II
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Responsible for an integral role in the Manufacturing Department as they provide machined parts as required for the mechanical build of cutting systems. Primarily responsible for operating machines to produce the required parts per a production schedule. This includes part finishing, tooling inventory management, part programming, and running set-ups. Also oversees all aspects of the Machine Shop to ensure that tooling is properly maintained and cleaned, operators are running the machines in a productive manner, and all safety practices are being followed.
Depending on production requirements at Autometrix, the Machinist II may be asked to split time between the Machine Shop and other areas of manufacturing. The Manufacturing Supervisor will work to coordinate the schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. Responsible for the production of machined parts as required for the mechanical build of cutting systems.
a. Involves all aspects of machined part production-part programing, tooling setup, machine operation, part finishing, and part inspection.
2. Maintain the machine shop for optimal production and prototyping throughput.
a. Requires shop cleaning, machine maintenance, and oversight of tool and hardware inventory.
3. Responsible for programming of new jobs and completing necessary set-ups.
- Gathers & interprets documentation needed to perform the
- Requires attention to detail and ability to
- Machined parts are completed efficiently, in a timely manner, and in accordance with best
- Knowledge of machining, machine programming, and machine operation is demonstrated by little scrap part yield and low
- Processes are well documented to ensure consistent part production without full reliance on personnel
- Production department as a whole is well supported and general knowledge of other production and assembly processes is
- Communication is clear and sufficient to keep management appropriately informed of activities, progress, and of any difficulties or significant
- Associates Degree, Trade School certificate, or equivalent experience in machine shop environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques
- Comfortable with mathematics, including trigonometry a plus
- Machinist I for 2 years
- Well organized and able to prioritize work Comfortable with tools
- Proficient with computers
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
Hiring Requirements: Reference Checks
Education Level: Associates Degree
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes, Operator License
Minimum Salary: 19.00 Hour
Maximum Salary: 25.00 DOE plus bonus
Benefits: Medical, Vacation, Retirement/Pension
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
To Apply: Please email your resume to: Jeanna@autometrix.com
Autometrix Precision Cutting Systems
12098 Charles Drive
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Contact: Jeanna Zangara
Phone: (530) 615-2115Minimum Education and Experience