$52,000 – $58,000 annually
This position might be for you!
Empower Tehama seeks an experienced Maintenance Technician.
Empower Tehama is a nonprofit organization in rural Northern California. Our mission is to promote healthy relationships and social change in our communities. We offer services for individuals and families affected by domestic violence and act as the lead agency for our community’s system for addressing homelessness and community housing.
About the Job: Maintenance is responsible for keeping all buildings and grounds properly maintained and in compliance with agency standards as well as federal, state, local, and municipal ordinances. Routine tasks include:
- Perform daily inspection of all facilities and grounds.
- Building and equipment repairs.
- Ensure operational safety of appliances and equipment.
- Interior and exterior painting.
- Special projects including setting up for events, assembly and installation of furniture, art, etc.
- Fleet management of agency vehicles including scheduled maintenance, repairs, cleaning, vehicle upkeep, and preparing vehicles for special trips.
- Meet with sub-contractors and monitors sub-contractor performance to assure quality of service and related systems are operational and up to standards.
- Document repairs and maintenance activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify and report safety hazards to appropriate parties.
- Communicate facility and maintenance activities with appropriate staff as instructed.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Position Requirements: Must be dependable with reliable transportation. Must be proficient in Outlook and have working knowledge of Word and Excel. This position requires forethought, strategic planning, and organizational skills. Strong active listening skills, good decision-making, attention to detail and professional writing and communication skills required. Must have a California Driver’s License and maintain proof of auto insurance.
This position is fulltime (40+ hours per week). May be required to work weekends and/or after hours. Upward mobility is available from this position.
Vacation (2 weeks); Sick (2 weeks); Holidays (13) for a total of 6.6 weeks paid time off
Insurance: Medical (80%); Dental and Vision (50%); Life insurance (100%)
Retirement Plan: 100% match up to 3% of salary
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and application (available on our website, www.empowertehama.org) to HR@empowertehama.org.
For more information, please scan:
Empower Tehama is a California At-Will Employer and an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinimum Education and Experience