Responsible for performing taking the lead in basic upkeep, repairs, and preventive maintenance. Provide basic maintenance and upkeep on most of CHAT properties. Interact daily with residents.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule daily tasks as assigned by work orders from property management.
- Support maintenance workers.
- Coordinate task completion with other department leadership.
- Ensure efficiency of turnaround time in empty units to lower vacancy rates.
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Collaborate with property management to proactively schedule routine maintenance.
- Handle basic repairs and maintenance.
- Diagnose mechanical issues and correct them.
- Responsible for plumbing work, painting, door and window repairs, flooring and wall upkeep, electrical repairs, air conditioning unit system maintenance, decks, stairs, fencing repairs, construction, ADA compliance installations, hauling, yard work, and other similar activities.
- Move and deliver furniture and furnishings, and complete yard maintenance.
- Respond to unplanned situations, requiring quick thinking, resourcefulness, and the ability to solve problems.
- Timely response and completion of critical maintenance needs.
- Work cooperatively with contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Perform installations of appliances such as washers, dryers, window A/C units.
- Make acquisitions for reasonable and necessary expenses for carrying out job responsibilities. All expenses must be substantiated and receipts provided.
- Identify opportunities to acquire goods and/or services for free as a donation or at reduced cost.
- Oversee interns and/or volunteers assigned to assist with maintenance team.
- Dispose of refuse and keep work areas clean and free of hazards.
- Maintain a maintenance log, and track work hours.
- Related degree from a technical college
- Proven maintenance experience of at least 3 years.
- Must have own basic tools.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Established relationships with contractors and service providers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of home inspection
- Knowledge of the homeless community
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations
- Skilled in negotiation and conflict-management
- Skilled in communication and patience
- Skilled in use of hand and power tools
- Skilled in time-management
- Ability to identify home repair needs
- Ability to prioritize tasks and reprioritize as needed base on critical repairs
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of villagers
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well with others