Job Title: Maintenance/Mechanic
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
- The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Responsible to perform work which meets an acceptable level of quality. i.e. Proper installation of parts according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Responsible for knowing and understand the function of all equipment. Responsible to perform tasks assigned as instructed & troubleshoot as needed. Responsible to repair, install and perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Responsible to assist where needed in case of equipment failure in order to minimize product loss.
- Perform all work in accordance with company standards and established safety procedures; follow Stapleton-Spence Safety and Accident Prevention Rules including Lock Out/Tag Out processes. Operate forklift safety and adhere to the forklift safety rules and perform forklift inspections.
- Responsible to do minor repair forklifts and other vehicles. Responsible to perform extensive repair on packaging & blending equipment. (Conveyors, augers, elevators, bearing). Complete maintenance work order log.
- Must be available off-schedule at times and work well with the schedule demands of a sales-driven packaging facility. Work alongside others or independently to complete projects. Work with fellow Supervisors, Mechanics & Technicians to accomplish the goals of not only your department but the goals of Stapleton-Spence. Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements for Maintenance Mechanic position:
- Good communication skills relating to employee interaction. Some Spanish preferred, not required.
- Have working knowledge of electrical and PLC systems and troubleshooting. (REQUIRED)
- Must be able to understand and work off electrical schematics.
- Must be able to operate tools or equipment common to the trade.
- Experience working on Steam Generators and/or Boiler Equipment.
- Knowledge to perform maintenance of production equipment. I.e. replace drive belts, conveyor belts, change bearings, and change electric motors.
- Knowledge of, HACCP, GMP’s, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass control, Quality related policies, and Safety programs, and ability to help ensure plant operations are complying with those programs.
- Knowledge/Experience with 36VDC/ 48VDC and 120VAC to 480VAC 3 phase electrical systems to include installation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge/Experience with stainless steel and mild steel fabrication/welding.
- Knowledge/Experience with pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge/Experience with hydraulic control
- Associated Degree, or related certifications and or equivalent combination of education and experience in work. Working experience in food Processing, Food Packaging or other related food industry field required.
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
How to Apply: Email resume in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Include “Maintenance Mechanic.” as the subject.
Stapleton Spence Packing Co.
1900 Hwy 99
Gridley, CA 95948