SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
It is the Maintenance department’s responsibility to maintain all equipment and facilities to allow product to be manufactured and shipped in a timely manner to customers. Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for the upkeep of buildings and grounds; the repair and maintenance of production equipment and machinery; modifications to the structure; and layout of the facilities. With direction from immediate supervisor, organizes and prioritizes work; once priorities are set, relies on own experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Ensures that work assignments are timely and safely met.
60% Performs a variety of functions related to electrical controls, equipment, and wiring in an industrial plant or worksite. Work may involve testing, troubleshooting, installation, and repair of the electrical components.
40% Performs repairs or preventive maintenance on production equipment; repairs equipment that is down; works on safety hazards as needed; installs new equipment; or works on new projects as assigned.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon department necessity.
· Prepare, input and maintain specific spreadsheet data using computers / software
· Support interdepartmental personnel by assisting and consulting on maintenance issues.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Must possess and demonstrate the following combination of knowledge, skill and ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation (or provide an alternative set).
· Must be familiar with state-of-the-art maintenance methodologies as they pertain to manufacturing, machine-shop facilities.
· Must have good organizational and time-management skills in order to prioritize and complete competing multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers.
· Ability to work with others in the department to share specific knowledge of processes, and/or procedures in order to continuously make improvements.
· Able to work overtime (weekdays / Saturdays) as required.
- Because of the need to support Manufacturing and total plant facilities, a class C driver’s license must be maintained and the employee must be insurable by Nor-Cal Products’ insurance company.
Education: Any combination of education and training, equivalent to graduation from High School; with additional training as a Millwright (or equivalent) that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
Experience: Minimum of 36-months in related Facilities-Maintenance experience, with additional 12-months experience in a manufacturing environment. Uses some independent discretion; receives direction or supervision on prioritization of assignments.
Safety: 95% manufacturing environment, and 5% inside, climate / noise controlled office area; lifting to 50 lbs required; and up to 110 lbs on occasion, with assistance. Eye, hearing and Cleanroom protective equipment/garments must be worn as required.