Wage: $14.00 – $16.00
Empower Tehama is a nonprofit organization in rural Northern California. Our mission is to promote healthy relationships and social change in our communities. We offer services for individuals and families affected by domestic violence and act as the lead agency for our community’s system for addressing homelessness and community housing.
About the Job: Maintenance Support provides general clean-up of all areas on Empower Tehama campuses to ensure a safe environment for clients and staff; performs grounds keeping and landscape maintenance functions as needed; uses janitorial supplies and assists with special projects such as furniture assembly. Routine tasks include:
- Perform scheduled exterior groundskeeping and debris removal for all facility locations.
- Special projects as assigned including setting up for events, assembly and installation of furniture, art, etc.
- Perform scheduled detailing and cleaning of all agency vehicles, general upkeep duties and prepare vehicles for special trips.
- Report any concerns and/or safety hazards to appropriate parties.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Physical requirements may include medium/heavy physical work, occasionally exerting force/pushing/lifting/carrying of up to 50 – 75 lbs., reaching above and below shoulder height, frequently walking, standing, twisting, and bending. Also includes power grasping/manipulation/pushing/pulling with one hand/both hands. Travel between office
buildings is required.
Must be dependable and punctual with reliable transportation. Strong active listening skills, good decision-making, attention to detail. Must have a California Driver’s License and maintain proof of auto insurance.
This position is Temporary and Part Time (16-20 hours per week). Must be available on-call
and may be expected to work after-hours and on weekends.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and application (available on our website,
www.empowertehama.org) to HR@empowertehama.org.
For more information, please scan:
Empower Tehama is a California At-Will Employer and an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinimum Education and Experience