Get to Know Us
CHIP is an affordable housing nonprofit that is putting a dent in California’s housing crisis. We’re a diverse team working hard to create housing opportunities for our 7-county service area (Butte, Tehama, Shasta, Glenn, Colusa, Sutter, and Yuba). Our homes and rental properties serve farm labor families, seniors, rural disadvantaged residents, and others who lack financial resources to provide adequately for their housing.
Get to Know this Role
CHIP has an opening for a Maintenance Technician in Red Bluff. You’ll be responsible for providing high-quality service to the Brickyard Creek apartment community to ensure a safe and healthy environment for residents. You’ll play a vital role in helping us make Brickyard Creek a great place to live.
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday, non-exempt position. Pay is dependent upon experience.
What You Will Do
– Provide general maintenance to the property as assigned.
– Prepare vacant units for occupancy in a timely fashion. This includes cleaning, painting, and completion of any necessary repairs.
– Keep a tidy shop: Make sure everything is in order, maintain equipment, and make sure that your inventory levels are good.
– Keep track of the details: Complete paperwork (work orders), record costs of materials/supplies and your time spent on the job.
– Operate power and manual tools in a safe manner.
– Help keep an eye on the property and support the Property Manager to create a safe, respectful place to live.
Please Apply if You Have:
– Basic maintenance skills, and ideally some professional maintenance experience.
– Good people skills. You’re good team player and communicator. You’re courteous and respectful.
– Good organization skills. You like keeping things tidy.
– The ability to perform basic functions on a computer, such as electronic time sheets, email and work order entry on internet-based property management software.
– The ability to follow written instructions in English.
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
– Must have reliable vehicle, current valid California Driver’s license, and be insurable under the criteria established by CHIP’s general liability carrier. Must provide current proof of insurance at the levels specified by the CHIP travel policy.
– We want to know that you’ll be able to succeed at your job based on the physical activities and requirements. A conditional offer will require successful completion of a physical examination conducted by Enloe Occupational Health Center. Reasonable accommodations as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will be made available, as necessary.
CHIP takes pride in its competitive benefits package.
• 13 paid Holidays, plus Sick Leave, plus Vacation Leave, plus Personal Leave
• We pay 100% of employee-only health insurance premium.
• We pay 100% of employee-only $25,000 life insurance premium.
• CHIP offers a 403b Retirement Plan. Ask about our contribution policy.
Go to our job page:
Employment with CHIP is at will for the employee and the employer.
CHIP is an equal opportunity employer.
Community Housing 1001 Willow Street 530.891.6931 888.912.4663 (toll free)
Improvement Program Chico, CA 95928 www.chiphousing.org 530.896.2261 (TTY)