Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Government
Full-Time: Non-Exempt; 40 hours per week
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy, Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintaining of interiors and exteriors of multiple Tribal Government and Clinical facilities and lands to include but not limited to, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, medical exam rooms, dental operatory rooms, and offices. Working as a liaison within the maintenance department for equipment repairs and maintenance on medical and dental equipment, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc. and overseeing building shutdowns when needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES MAINTENANCE
- Assist in the troubleshooting, repairing, replacing, and maintaining of indoor and outdoor plumbing systems of establishments.
- Assist in installation and maintenance of items that deal with all functions of operations to include medical and dental equipment.
- Assist in repairing, patching, texturing, and painting of interior and exterior walls.
- Assist in maintenance and troubleshooting of HVAC units i.e., replacement of filters, replacing belts, cleaning condenser coils, checking fuses and capacitors, etc.
- Assuring gutters and drains are clear of debris and in good working order.
- Assist in the lifting, storing, and hanging of heavy objects and materials i.e., doors, cabinets, sheet rock, and ceiling tiles.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance on electrical systems and equipment.
- Moving heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or using equipment.
- Notify manager concerning the need for additions, repairs, and upgrades to buildings.
- Requisition and transport of supplies and equipment needed for assigned duties.
- Assist in the maintaining of clean and orderly buildings ensuring quality standards are met.
- Safely perform cleaning procedures with the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in accordance with SDS and manufacture specifications.
- May be required to remove and transport waste from facilities to appropriate disposal areas.
- Occasional cleaning of restrooms, public and clinical spaces, and offices as needed.
- Planting/removal of flowers, grass, shrubs, trees, and bushes.
- Maintaining walkways and parking lots, ensuring they are clear of debris.
- Trimming shrubs, trees, and pulling weeds.
- Mowing, raking, replacing stone/mulch, trimming, and pruning as needed.
- Spraying of herbicides, fertilizers, and additional chemicals as needed
- Ability to communicate safety hazards to employees, co-workers and guests and report them immediately to your supervisor.
- Maintain security and privacy of patients, guests, and clinic employees. Notify supervisor of trespassers and other issues.
- Use materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment to avoid waste, unnecessary damage, or accidents.
- Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities, and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
- Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
- Other safety duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid California driver’s license. (Required)
- A valid clean driving record and must provide proof upon hire. (Required)
- One (1) year maintenance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in maintenance field, i.e. carpentry, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, drywall, or painting.(Preferred)
- Good communication, including both written and verbal skills.
- Ability to provide feedback, present problems in a professional manner and accept constructive criticism both on an individual basis and within a group.
- Must maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all employees, patients, and guests.
- Work in a manner which will cause the least amount of disturbance to the patients, while observing patient privacy and requests.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures including safety, security, and emergency procedures.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
Pre-employment Drug Testing and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance through Federal, State and Child Abuse Index is a contingency for an offer of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms and lift and/or move 20-50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. Position may require exertion up to and exceeding 100 pounds of force occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in government, health and dental clinics, working around the facilities and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and at times you may be asked to enter small and tight spaces. May work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to wet, warm, hot, and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and heat.
Interested in joining the team?
The Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and the Tribal Office often have employment opportunities available. To apply, complete the PDF application located at the bottom of this page. For other employment inquiries complete the form on this page.
Candidate Instructions for Applying:
- Complete Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Employment Application.
- Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Application is required for all open positions.
- Submit your application, resume, and references via email to Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Government is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note the following Pre-Employment Requirements:
- Background Check Clearance.
- Pre-employment Drug Testing
The pre-employment requirements must be completed before hire date.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Paskenta!
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.
Minimum Education and Experience