With more than 30,000 employees at over 475 locations in North America and Europe, PreZero is an international company in waste and recycling management. The company provides waste disposal, sorting, processing, and recycling services, combining all the expertise along the value chain under one roof. PreZero, therefore, positions itself as an innovation driver in the industry with the goal of creating a world in which resources are no longer wasted thanks to closed loops. Zero-waste, 100 percent recyclable material.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing and maintaining all PreZero assets in a run ready condition. The Maintenance Technician must also be capable and responsible for: shop cleanliness, part fabrication, personal communication with other employees, logging all daily tasks and parts in a CMMS program, and safety of themselves and other employees. This includes and any other assigned duties.
· High School diploma or GED
· Ability to work 12-hour shifts
· Comply with all PreZero safety practices, policies, and procedures.
· Must be a team-oriented person and able to work with others.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
· Always maintain all work areas in a neat and orderly manner.
· Have knowledge of manufacturing machinery
· Have excellent mechanical aptitude- i.e., pulleys, motors, gears, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 5 years working in a maintenance role.
· Knowledge and/or experience in a manufacturing/shop setting
· Basic computer skills.
· Forklift certification
· Basic hand tool knowledge including ability to read tape measure
· Fabrication and welding proficiency
· Hydraulics/ Pneumatics proficiency
· Manual machining proficiency with Mills, Lathes, and Surface Grinders
· Basic electrical proficiency
· Experience in plastics manufacturing
· Work performed in a warehouse type facility
· Frequently exposed to fumes and airborne particles
· Noise level in the work environment is loud.
· The work is performed both in and outdoors in ambient weather conditions, which fluctuates in temperature extremes from + 32oF to + 105oF.
· Frequently lift and/or move items over 75 lbs.
· Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all shift
· Good hand eye coordination
· Able to discern colors, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
· Hand dexterity and strength
· Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
· 401K with Company Matching
· Paid Family Leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Other perks and discounts for shows, events, theme parks, hotels, car rentals, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PreZero US is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate any applicants regarding their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
We will consider employment for all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories in a matter consistent with state and local laws. We invite you to apply and join the PreZero Family!