Andersen and Sons Shelling
Experience in a manufacturing environment, with a strong preference towards food manufacturing/processing.
We are looking for candidates who are team players with stellar work ethics. Candidates must be able maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere while making safety a priority.
These are full- time hourly position with 1st, or 2nd shifts. Selected candidates must have open availability for varying shift schedules including evening/weekend hours. During processing season, overtime hours are required.
The Maintenance technician position requires experienced industrial mechanics/technicians proficient in machine repair, maintenance, and construction of food processing equipment.
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance on pneumatic equipment, hydraulic equipment, conveyer systems, augers, packaging machinery, and other production machinery; following diagrams, operations manuals, engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locate sources of problems by observing devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing equipment.
• Removes and replaces defective parts by dismantling equipment, using hand and power tools.
• Determine changes of parts by inspecting used parts, using calipers, meters and other measuring instruments.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop and equipment.
• Work efficiently with production staff to support the day to day production processes with a sense of urgency.
• Maintains safe and clean working environments by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Maintain minimal down time and offer solutions to mitigate loss of production.
• Correct use of lockout/tagout program.
• Follow all HACCP, SSOPs, SOPs, and GMP policies and procedures.
• Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Must also be certified on a forklift and comply with all safety regulations. They must be trained in lift safety and pedestrian safety. When operating a forklift, they are responsible for their daily forklift checklist, and communicating when their lift must be serviced with supervisor.
• Must be comfortable with a computer to do research, order parts, and use the CMMS (FIIX)
• Must, over time, become familiar and have a thorough mechanical understanding of the following machines: Optical/Laser Sorters, Dicer, Air Legs, Cyclones, Sheller, Case Erectors, Palletizers, Conveyors, Elevators, Packing Machines, Inshell Line, Shell and Water Trucks, X-Ray machines, Yard Dogs, Fumigators, and other machines not mentioned.
• Must diligently document all procedures and log them accordingly.
• Required to log into CMMS to review assigned work orders and other tasks and keep up with tasks assigned.
• Responsible for all tools used during the workday, must clean up and return to designated storage areas.
• The Maintenance staff must communicate effectively with all machine operators and supervisors in all departments.
• Responsible for the sanitation of the machines and equipment worked on.
• Other duties as assigned