Job Title: Maintenance Worker 1
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Under direct (I) performs a variety of work in the construction, repair, maintenance, and replacement of Town infrastructure including, streets, parks, buildings, and drainage facilities and systems; uses and operates a variety of tools and light to heavy equipment; and performs related duties as assigned.
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs construction, maintenance, and repair activities of Town streets, roadways, curbs, sidewalks, and drainage infrastructure; maintains and repairs asphalt pavement, concrete, traﬃc and street signs, and pavement markings. Performs routine cleaning, inspection, and preventative maintenance work for Town
- Inspects, cleans, maintains, and repairs storm drains and catch
- Trims and prunes bushes, trees, and shrubs and removes weeds to provide clearance of roadways, easements, sidewalks, and
- Performs street sweeping and snow plowing duties and other cleaning activities on public sidewalks, streets, parking lots, roadways, parks, and Town
- Inspects and repairs park equipment, drinking fountains, public restrooms, benches, lighting, pathways, fences, and other park and landscape amenities; ensures that all aspects of equipment are functioning
- Maintains Town parks, landscaping, medians, and right-of-way areas; Maintains, monitors, troubleshoots, and programs park irrigation
- Waters, mows, weeds, renovates, and fertilizes lawns; plants, prunes, and cares for trees, shrubs, groundcovers, and ﬂowers.
- Assists with repairing traﬃc signals and
- Installs street barricades and cones and controls traﬃc around work sites, accidents, and special events to ensure safe conditions for the general public and Town staﬀ; assists with clearing the roadway after a traﬃc
- Responds to emergency issues that may cause a road hazard, including down trees or power lines, landslides, ﬂooding, potholes, and traﬃc signal
- Responds to after-hours emergencies.
- Performs related duties as
- Principles, practices, tools, and materials as they relate to the maintenance and repair of infrastructure, facilities, and systems similar to those in a municipal
- Operational characteristics and minor maintenance of a variety of hand and power tools, vehicles, and light to heavy power equipment used in public works
- Occupational hazards and safety equipment and practices related to the work, including driving rules and practices, traﬃc control procedures and regulations, and conﬁned space
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, and organizational policies and procedures relevant to assigned area of
- Record keeping principles and
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by eﬀectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Town staﬀ.
- Modern equipment and communication tools used for business functions and program, project, and task Computers and software programs (e.g., Microsoft software packages) to conduct, compile, and/or generate documentation.
- Perform construction, modiﬁcation, maintenance, and repair work of Town infrastructure including streets, parks, buildings, and drainage facilities and
- Set up and operate traﬃc area construction zones, including cones, barricades, and ﬂagging. Follow department policies and procedures related to assigned
- Safely and eﬀectively use, operate, and maintain hand and power tools, vehicles, and a variety of light, medium, and heavy equipment related to the construction, maintenance, and repair of Town
- Maintain accurate logs, records, and basic written records of work
- Understand, interpret, and apply all pertinent laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures, and standards relevant to work
- Eﬀectively represent the department and the Town in meetings with governmental agencies; community groups; various business, professional, and regulatory organizations; and in meetings with
- Learn and understand the organization and operation of the Town and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned
- Independently organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow-up on
- Eﬀectively use computer systems, software applications, and modern business equipment to perform a variety of work
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, using appropriate English grammar and syntax. Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and eﬀective working relationships with those contacted in the course of
**For a complete Job Description, explanation of beneﬁts and application please visit www.townofparadise.com/hr The Town of Paradise is an Equal Opportunity/Aﬃrmative Action Employer.
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes, Operator License
Minimum Salary: 18.29 Hour
Maximum Salary: 23.34 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: https://www.townofparadise.com/hr
How to Apply: For a complete Job Description, explanation of beneﬁts and application please visit www.townofparadise.com/hr
Town Of Paradise
Paradise, CA 95969
Contact: Boris Ye
Phone: (530) 616-0518Minimum Education and Experience