Job Title: MAINTENANCE WORKER
Job Time Type: Part Time (Less than 30 Hours)
Job Description: SENECA HEALTHCARE DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE WORKER (Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem)
Job time type:
POSITION SUMMARY: To perform facility preventive maintenance and repairs as necessary, complete facility work orders, plan and complete minor construction, assist and recommend purchases of supplies and equipment, remove snow, and other grounds functions. Complete documentation as necessary. Assist outside contractors as required.
High school graduate or equivalent or vocational certificate of training and completion of apprentice training program applicable to this position.
Two to five (2-5) years’ experience maintaining the upkeep of a commercial building and equipment. Experience in minor repairs to buildings, facilities, service equipment, and other related equipment. Specific experience in plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical, and pneumatic systems of a hospital preferred.
Must be in possession of a valid and clear California driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently to include good reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments.
- Ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions and orientation to the job.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, and fingers, rapidly and accurately and handle precise movements.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, and feet with each other in response to visual stimuli.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to understand the meaning of words and respond effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to include legible handwriting.
- Knowledge and ability to properly use hand tools, power tools, and other equipment essential to the job function.
- Perform all preventative maintenance of facility’s heating, cooling, air conditioning, refrigeration, vehicles, life safety equipment, medical gas systems, and other related equipment.
- Perform necessary repairs, as able, to the facility’s heating, cooling, air conditioning, refrigeration, vehicles, life safety equipment, medical gas systems, and other related equipment.
- Perform scheduled inspections or maintenance on all equipment, buildings, and systems assigned to the Maintenance Department and document accordingly.
- Keep maintenance areas in good order. Assist in maintaining supply levels. Purchase minor supplies and equipment with approval from Supervisor.
- Advise Supervisor or designee when outside contracting assistance is required.
- Complete work orders or other work as assigned and document appropriately. Contact person requesting repair, verify repair or problem, and notify person of completed work.
- Treat medical waste as trained. Maintain medical waste treatment and storage areas. Dispose of treated waste as per regulations.
- Perform snow removal and other ground duties as required.
- Check operation of company vehicles, procure fuel, and arrange for outside maintenance or repairs when necessary.
- Maintain, repair, and replace light bulbs and light fixtures as necessary.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs and replace and install plumbing fixtures, lavatories, and toilets as able.
- Analyze and correct electrical problems and repair, replace and overhaul electrical equipment and controls as able in accordance with applicable building codes and facility and regulatory safety procedures.
- Utilize and operate hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete assignments/maintenance. Maintain tools and equipment in a clean, safe, and usable manner.
- Notify Supervisor or designee of potentially dangerous or hazardous equipment, systems, or building problems. Correct, as able, or remove the dangerous or hazardous equipment, systems, or building problems from service and placards as appropriate when repairs cannot be completed to satisfactorily remove the danger or hazard.
- Perform carpentry work required in the maintenance and construction of plant, office buildings, and equipment. Procure and maintain construction materials. Maintain construction areas in accordance with life safety and applicable regulations, and when complete, leave area in a safe and attractive manner.
- Maintain waste receptacles, trash bins, and waste receptacle areas outside the facility in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Store chemicals, fuels, compressed gasses and paint in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain safety equipment, guards, and personal protective equipment in an appropriate manner. Notify Supervisor or designee if safety equipment is not available or in disrepair. Utilize appropriate safety equipment and personal protective equipment as necessary or required.
- Drive hospital vehicles in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Wear all protective equipment and clothing as directed and provided.
- Utilize all mechanical controls and equipment guards in place for safety purposes.
- Know and follow all general, safety, security, and health policies and procedures.
- Utilize all safe work practices recommended for the department.
- Report any potentially hazardous or unsafe condition to Supervisor or Administration.
- Store and/or transport compressed medical gasses in a safe and appropriate manner.
OTHER ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be available to take call as assigned and respond to the facility within 20 minutes.
- Be available to work beyond normal work hours as needed.
- Perform Supervisor’s duties in his/her absence or as assigned by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of patient and employee information.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner in patient care areas to not cause a disruption of patient care services or expose patients to unsafe conditions.
- Attend and participate in all in-service education as required.
- Complete annual employee health requirements in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Exposed to loud noises periodically and intermittently.
- Exposed to changes in heat and cold intermittently.
- Exposed to inclement weather regularly during the winter months.
- Exposed to workplace hazards and potential injury frequently.
- Exposed to potentially infectious materials.
- Subject to frequent work interruptions.
- Work in all areas of the facility.
Follows safe work practices, takes an active interest in preventing injury or illness and promoting a safe and healthful environment for self and others, and complies with Hospital and governmental safety regulations.
Promotes professional growth of self and co-workers by participating in on the job training, continuing education and assisting with training of new employees.
Assumes personal responsibility to comply with all Federal, State and local laws governing business conduct, conducts business in an ethical and trustworthy manner, and displays the qualities and characteristics of a professional at all times when dealing with patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers, and fellow employees.
For more info see caljobs.ca.gov or call Seneca Healthcare at 530-258-2159 Minimum Age:Hiring Requirements: Background Checks, Reference Checks
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Drivers License: Yes, Operator License
Minimum Salary: 16.95 Hour
Maximum Salary: 24.65 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email, By Fax, In Person
Application Comments: A Seneca app is required: http://users.neo.registeredsite.com/7/2/7/21539727/assets/HR-ApplicationForEmployment94067.pdf
James Kooyman PH: 530-258-2159 FAX: 530-258-2068 firstname.lastname@example.org
To fill out electronically, please download the application above and save it to your computer. Open the file and select “Fill & Sign” from the options on the right. Email your completed application to the email above for Human Resources. Otherwise, please print and fill out the application. When finished fax or bring to the SHD Admin office: 199 Reynolds Road, Chester, CA 96020
SENECA HEALTHCARE DISTRICT
P O Box 737 / 130 Brentwood Drive
Chester, CA 96020
Contact: James Kooyman
Phone: (530) 258-2159 extApply via email, in person, or faxMinimum Education and Experience