Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an extra Maintenance Workers. This is a non-benefited position. The primary job functions will be to help with special projects and facility up-keep.
Applicant must be detail oriented and demonstrate competency in the following areas:
– Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner
– Maintains routine records of all inspections, maintenance & repairs performed.
– Performs maintenance on equipment, physical structures and systems as required.
– Performs manual duties as requested (i.e., moving supplies or furniture, replacing light bulbs, removing trash or scrap material).
– Ability to do work on his/her own with only normal supervision.
– Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of how to maintain, repair and use plant hand and power tools, plant machinery and plant mechanical and testing equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, and manufacture’s specifications.
– A working knowledge of fire alarm and signal systems.
– Performs other duties, as requested
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
– Above-average mental ability, good physical/mental health and a courteous and kind disposition.
– Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
– Able to walk, bend and lift with the dexterity to perform manual skills required of the job.
– Dependable, organized, reliable, has good attendance. Relates well with co-workers, staff and residents.
– High school diploma or equivalency exam.
– One to three (1-3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Working knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of boilers and generators, plumbing, electrical systems, construction and all applicable hospital and healthcare related equipment. Have the ability to comprehend a wide range of technical subjects and make appropriate repairs.
– Ability to work in emergency situations with high stress factors.
For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org or visit the Modoc Medical Center Human Resources Department.