If you’re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we’re committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
Do you have a passion to provide superior customer service to all patients? Do you have experience in patient registration at a hospital or doctor’s office setting, and want to continue to advance your career? We want to hear from you! Responsibilities of a Patient Access Sr Manager has oversight of 1 or more departments or a facility. Ensure team is providing superior customer service, takes ownership of key performance indicators for their facility, manages department schedules, partners with multiple internal/external customers. Responsible for growth and development of leaders and team members by providing routine feedback and clear development goals.
So why should you choose us? It is simple… A Patient Access Manager is a great advancement opportunity into a leadership role in healthcare. At Banner Health, our Patient Access team is committed to the growth and development of our team members. This has resulted in several successful promotions into positions of greater scope and responsibility. We also have a robust education platform, reimbursement for nationally recognized certifications and financial incentives for performance. So join us on our journey to make health care easier, so life can be better.
Must be energetic, adapts easily in changing environments, willingness to learn each area under their leadership, strong background in leadership and developing others. Helpful if candidate has previous experience in a rural setting with Critical Access.
Banner Lassen is located in Susanville, CA which offers an abundance of outdoor activities year round. PAS team is engaged and driven to achieve targets.
Hours are M-F 8am-5pm, but will be overseeing a department that is 24/7.
Located in Susanville in northeast California, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses. Our 25-bed medical center has a proud history of providing vital caring to the community since 1883. Though we are a small community hospital, we have invested in the latest medical equipment, including a 16-slice CT scanner, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, mammography and CAD. The hospital also offers infusion and oncology therapy, respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services as well as laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient surgery and a 24-hour emergency department. Away from work, you’ll find that our location at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
This position is responsible for the management and daily operation of designated registration areas. Through the effective management of the patient financial services staff, provides high quality services in patient registration, notification to third party payors, insurance verification, up-front collection, financial counseling and cashiering. Provides service excellence at each stage of the registration process, to patients, their families and medical service providers.
1. Under direction of PAS Sr Director and/or PAS Director, provides mentoring and clear developmental opportunities to staff. Able to demonstrate the ability to have a solid succession plan in place.
2. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the Patient Financial Services staff. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff.
3. Provides information on patient registration and scheduling to all concerned departments. Maintains ongoing positive communications with patients, staff, physicians and other third parties to provide information or resolve issues.
4. Maximizes cash flow by maintaining and monitoring the protocols and activities associated with the financial management of the patient account, including point of service cash and timely authorizations.
5. Develops, maintains and adheres to the annual departmental budget. Prepares departmental schedule to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times while remaining within budget guidelines.
6. Provides effective leadership and education to staff in order to meet designated accuracy, compliance and productivity goals using available statistical standards. Provides appropriate training and developmental opportunities to staff in order to meet all established goals and to minimize registration initiated initial denials.
7. Proactively engages in process improvement. Identifies needs, updates and improves work processes and methods. Provides opportunities for strategic departmental improvements and communicates suggestions appropriately.
8. Ensures new hires are properly onboarded. This includes successful training/precepting and auditing new hire work at 100% until new hire is consistently meeting performance standards. Auditing can be delegated as a mentoring opportunity, but responsibility of successful onboarding belongs to leader. Ensures there all staff have clear expectations (including BSS). Ensures there is accountability to expectations that are set including counseling/disciplinary action and termination of assigned staff (including BSS).
9. Works independently under general supervision. Manages structured processes and makes independent decisions within defined parameters. Participates in various facility and system-wide process improvement teams. The internal customers include hospital-based physicians and all hospital departments. The external customers include patients, physicians, general public, third party payors and vendors. Has management responsibility for the department 24/7. This position has responsibility for multiple fast paced, high volume departments which include multiple functions within a single facility.
Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare business operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
Two or more years of supervisory experience coupled with extensive hospital registration experience and demonstrated leadership skills. Requires advanced mathematical skills. Must have a thorough knowledge of managed care contracts, other third-party payors, AHCCCS if applicable, and Medicare, along with knowledge of medical terminology. Requires the ability to make independent, on the spot decisions, to resolve problems as they arise and to anticipate and prevent future problems. Requires the ability to manage both supervisory and customer service staff multiple staff members and multiple levels of staff members having different supervisory responsibilities, the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to effectively use common office software. Must have effective human relations and interpersonal skills.
CHAM certification preferred. Strong abilities in patient financial services database use and reporting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience