The NoRTEC organization is comprised of high-performance employees that are continually looking for ways to improve the provision of services for the communities we work for. Each employee takes personal responsibility for overall organizational performance and goes beyond adequate to exceptional in the areas that matter to our organization. NoRTEC employees are self-starters who work with little supervision, have the ability to get things done and work exceptionally well with co-workers within a small office environment.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing effective outreach strategies for job seekers and businesses who would benefit from our workforce services. Because NoRTEC subcontracts its program services to three community-based organizations, the successful candidate must be able to design and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy working through its three program services providers. Strong communication and coordination skills are essential.
The Marketing Manager should also have thorough knowledge of our rural Northern California service area and the types of workforce services that we provide and be able to market these services to job seekers and businesses across multiple channels.
Promoting equity of opportunity is critical to our work, so the Marketing Manager must be able to reach populations that will not connect through social media, including those without connectivity, technology tools, or who are uncomfortable using technology.
The Marketing Manager must be highly organized, handle several tasks at once, but flexible enough to switch gears as necessary. You must be comfortable and proficient in posting daily on all social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
The incumbent should have the relevant knowledge about social networking sites; use them for improving the brand image and making the marketing message clear to a large audience.
This position is responsible for creating a media presence for our America’s Job Centers of California(AJCC’s), continuously updating different social networking sites with various messages, taking feedback from readers or viewers or customers and implementing the feedback into our services.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement effective marketing strategies and to reach job seekers and businesses who would benefit from our services
- Design creative outreach strategies for hard-to-reach populations, including those who are disconnected from the workforce.
- Create, deliver, edit, and optimize outreach materials and advertising campaigns
- Creating and coordinating all social media activities
- Assisting with writing and editing of outreach materials
- Assisting with managing email campaign lists
- Assisting in the writing, tracking and delivery of press releases
- Produce new outreach campaigns that are relevant and optimized
- Manage website design, content, SEO development and tracking analytics to ensure all content is up to date and relevant
- Metric tracking and optimization of social media platforms
- Update all Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media posts and respond to followers
- Optimization and metric tracking of all social media platforms
- Manage and create content for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Make sure that all outreach methods including websites and social media channels are following federal and state accessibility requirements.
- Knowledge of social media applications, i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Strong graphic design skills
- Excellent written and communication skills, including the ability to write technical content for a wide consumer audience
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing principles
- High proficiency in project management
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of Google ads management
- Ability to operate under solid pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good team player who practices good judgment and builds solid relationship with colleagues and customers
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- Social media expert with experience strategizing, designing, executing, analyzing and optimizing social media posts across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, content, and email marketing
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Flexible in daily routine; ability to prioritize and manage shifting responsibilities
- Results-oriented and task-oriented: Motivated by meeting deadlines and completing projects
- Enjoys the challenges of new projects and a “no day is the same” environment
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and meet strict deadlines
- Technologically savvy; ability to learn new programs quickly and troubleshoot/problem solve
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field and 3-5 years related marketing, development and research experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, Business Administration, or related field and 2 to 3 years of marketing/social media experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
$50,000 to $70,000, depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time 40 hours per week position. Remote and/or contract work will be considered for the right candidate.
NoRTEC offers a full range of employee benefits including fully paid Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Vacation, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Michael Cross, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NoRTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports workforce diversity. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NoRTEC will consider individuals with disabilities based on their qualifications to perform the essential functions of the position for which they are applying and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and/or testing process. If you require accommodation in the application and/or testing process, please notify NoRTEC within seven (7) days of the need for accommodation, so appropriate alternative arrangements can be made.Minimum Education and Experience
The Northern Rural Training & Employment Consortium (NoRTEC) headquartered in Chico, California, provides federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) services in eleven Northern California counties. NoRTEC currently contracts its program services to three community-based organizations who directly provide services to job seekers and businesses through our thirteen Job Centers. These services include providing training and employment services to job seekers and hiring and placement services to businesses. The counties in NoRTEC service area are Butte, Del Norte, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity. Additional information about NoRTEC can be obtained at www.ncen.org.