Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Minimum Data Set (MDS) Nurse in the SNF. The MDS
is part of the U.S. federally mandated process for clinical assessment of all residents in Medicare or Medicaid
certified nursing homes and is used to monitor the quality of care in nursing homes. Reporting to the DON, the
MDS Coordinator works in conjunction with physicians, other nursing staff, residents, families and other
facility departments to assure that the resident assessment tool, resident care plan and interdisciplinary team
meeting are completed according to all Federal regulations and according to facility policy/procedure in order
to provide optimum individualized nursing care for the residents of SNF service.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Learning the requirements of MDS 3.0, including the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI),
Resident Assessment Protocols and Utilization Guidelines
• Providing comprehensive assessments of each resident’s functional capabilities to help nursing SNF
staff identify health problems.
• Transmitting MDS information electronically to the MDS database.
• CA licensed RN or LVN
• Previous experience preferable
• Above-average mental ability, good physical/mental health
• Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
• Computer literate
• Dependable, organized, reliable and have good attendance
Please email resume to Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please call 530-233-4161.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience