Mountain Valleys Health Centers, Inc.
POSITION: MA Medical Assistant (Non-Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Team Lead
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Medical Assistant provides medical support to the medical providers and front office staff. The MA performs patient oriented procedures under the direct supervision of a provider. The MA is responsible for providing patient care with a positive, caring, professional attitude working closely with other staff members to ensure quality care and a positive patient experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent, Medical Assistant certificate preferred but not required, current CPR certification, able to perform or learn phlebotomy procedures. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, multitask and prioritize to maintain optimum clinic flow. MAs need to be flexible in order to meet the demands of patients, providers and co-workers. Medical Assistants, as well as all staff, must maintain confidentiality relating to MVHC personnel and patient information that could result in proprietary damage to MVHC. MAs must have the availability to work some Saturday shifts. Employee must be able to travel between sites for orientation, training, and fill-in work.
REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE:
Clean and Appropriate Attire
Current CPR Card
Current/Valid Photo ID
Auto Liability Insurance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use universal precautions.
• Escort patients to exam rooms.
• Obtain pertinent patient vital signs with accurate readings: temperature, pulse, respiration, O2 saturation, blood pressure, height and weight.
• Review patient charts for completeness, ensuring all relevant information for the visit is filed (i.e. lab, X-ray, consultation reports, etc).
• Plot required information on Growth Charts for pediatric patients.
• Collect and process specimens accurately with proper completion of lab requisitions and tracking protocols.
• Assemble and arrange equipment and instruments required for exams and procedures.
• Assist and/or chaperone the provider with procedures as appropriate.
• Administer and document injections per provider order.
• Proficiently perform venipuncture.
• Perform Vision Screenings (near and far) and Audiometric Screenings.
• Use correct lead placement for ECGs and input correct patient information Facilitate prescription requests timely and precisely document in the patient chart.
• Demonstrate proficient knowledge of sterile technique and sterile field.
• Prepare and stock rooms
• Autoclave and sterilize instruments/equipment per protocols.
• Understand clinic programs offered, such as, CHDP, FPACT, EAPC and others
• Cross-train to the front office to fill in as needed.
• Check Inter-office email on a regular basis for communications from management and other staff.
• Maintain accountability that includes efficient use of time and materials.
• Adhere to MVHC’s Policies and Procedures.
• Demonstrate patient advocacy that ensures patients’ rights of privacy, safety and confidentiality.
• Perform other duties as assigned, demonstrating flexibility and willingness to do extra work as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequent; standing and walking, lifting and moving objects up to 24 lbs, positioning patients, exposure to bodily fluids, exposure to infectious disease, exposure to emotional crisis of others, repetitive motion (hands/arms), independent problem solving. Constant: listening, speaking in person or on the phone, close eye work, reading and writing, working with public and staff.
CUSTOMER CARE: A core value of Mountain Valleys Health Centers’ is our dedication to high-quality customer care. As a Community Health Center, our patients are our vitality; therefore, every patient will be treated accordingly.
At MVHC a customer is defined as but not limited to a patient, vendor, contractor, granting agency, community business, and employee. Customers will be treated with the utmost dignity and respect regardless of their socio-economic status, insurance type, job position, and/or race, etc. Discrimination is unacceptable and is grounds for immediate termination.
Every employee of MVHC will adhere to the Accountability Measures outlined either at the onset of employment or at the date of this signed job description. Should these expectations not be upheld, the employee understands that disciplinary action will be taken which could lead to immediate termination.Experience using Microsoft Office Package, Ability to lift 24lbsMinimum Education and Experience