Tehama County Health Service Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
IMPORTANT: In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does NOT require employees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
Tentative Interview Dates(1st&2nd): Thursday, December 21, 2023 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Medical Assistant I (B-E Steps):
$15.93 – $18.44 Hourly / $1,274.40 – $1,475.20 Biweekly / $33,134.40 – $38,355.20 Annually
Medical Assistant II (A-E Steps):
$16.33 – $19.85 Hourly / $1,306.40 – $1,588.00 Biweekly / $33,966.40 – $41,288.00 Annually
Bilingual Incentive pay is +7.5% above the Medical Assistant I/II salary. New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning step of the salary range.
Assist professional health care personnel in the conduct of examinations and routine medical screening tests; provides a variety of patient care triage and related patient focused services to provide assistance to support the functions and operations of clinical services.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what’s most important, the overall health of our clients. Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within our organization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Assists with the provision of effective patient care Monitors and records weight, height and vital signs; collects various specimens and cultures, performs blood glucose tests and other routine laboratory tests;
- Returns telephone messages as directed by health care providers, responds promptly to pharmacy inquiries and calls, results of tests and ancillary procedures;
- Administers medications orally, sublingually, topically, subcutaneously, intradermally, and intramuscularly as ordered by health care provider and under his/her supervision and within guidelines as established by State and Federal laws;
- Assists in stocking supplies, medications, and injections; ensures that all perishable items are “in-date” and stored according to manufacturers’ directions.
- Bilingual Candidates: Translates, interprets and otherwise communicates with members of the Spanish speaking community.
- Specimen collection techniques; medication administration;
- Routine patient care and medical assistant principles, practices and procedures;
- Safety protocols for the use of medical equipment/instruments and the handling of patients and biomedical waste.
- Following proper protocol and safety measures;
- Following oral and written instructions of a technical nature;
- Maintaining routine records
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Medical Assistant I: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade and must possess a clinical medical assisting certificate of completion from an accredited training institution.
Medical Assistant II: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade and must possess a valid certification as a Medical Assistant from an institution approved by the Medical Board of California. Requires one (1) year of related experience in a medical setting.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- Must have certification of phlebotomy proficiency from their training school; or, must possess a valid phlebotomy certification from the State of California.
- Must complete periodic continuing education coursework as required to maintain active certification.
- Requires CPR certification.
- Must pass a Merit Systems Services written and/or oral bilingual proficiency test (or other appropriate test selected by the County) to qualify.
To Apply: Apply online at www.governmentjobs.com and search the job title.
The department is currently recruiting for multiple vacancies.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future full-time vacancies for a Medical Assistant I/II as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please upload ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-527-8491 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net
About Tehama County Health Service Agency
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services toTehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Ourstaff are valued for their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what's most important, the overall healthof our clients.
Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration withinour organization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed tothe health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.