Tehama County Health Service Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Testing dates: March 31, 2023 – April 3, 2023. Testing will be provided via email.
Tentative interview dates:
1st interviews: April 6, 2023 10:30-12:00
2nd interviews: April 10, 2023 1:30-2:30
IMPORTANT: In compliance with the California State Health Officer’s order, this position requires employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and meet current CA Dept. of Public Health vaccination requirements by the apt. date.
Assist professional health care personnel in the conduct of examinations and routine medical screening tests; provides a variety of patient care triage and related patient focused services to provide assistance to support the functions and operations of clinical services.
Positions in this classification series are flexibly staffed. An incumbent at the Medical Assistant I level may be promoted to the Medical Assistant II level when work knowledge has been developed, sound work habits demonstrated, and requirements have been met.
Medical Assistant I (B-E Steps):
$15.17 – $18.44 Hourly / $1,213.60 – $1,475.20 Biweekly
Medical Assistant II (A-E Steps):
$16.33 – $19.85 Hourly / $1,306.40 – $1,588.00 Biweekly
Bilingual Incentive pay is +7.5% above the Medical Assistant I/II salary. New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning step of the salary range.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Assists with the provision of effective patient care Monitors and records weight, height and vital signs; collects various specimens and cultures, performs blood glucose tests and other routine laboratory tests;
- Returns telephone messages as directed by health care providers, responds promptly to pharmacy inquiries and calls, results of tests and ancillary procedures;
- Administers medications orally, sublingually, topically, subcutaneously, intradermally, and intramuscularly as ordered by health care provider and under his/her supervision and within guidelines as established by State and Federal laws;
- Assists in stocking supplies, medications, and injections; ensures that all perishable items are “in-date” and stored according to manufacturers’ directions.
- Bilingual Candidates: Translates, interprets and otherwise communicates with members of the Spanish speaking community.
- Specimen collection techniques; medication administration;
- Routine patient care and medical assistant principles, practices and procedures;
- Safety protocols for the use of medical equipment/instruments and the handling of patients and biomedical waste.
- Following proper protocol and safety measures;
- Following oral and written instructions of a technical nature;
- Maintaining routine records
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Medical Assistant I: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade and must possess a clinical medical assisting certificate of completion from an accredited training institution.
Medical Assistant II: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade and must possess a valid certification as a Medical Assistant from an institution approved by the Medical Board of California. Requires one (1) year of related experience in a medical setting.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- Must have certification of phlebotomy proficiency from their training school; or, must possess a valid phlebotomy certification from the State of California.
- Must complete periodic continuing education coursework as required to maintain active certification.
- Requires CPR certification.
- Must pass a Merit Systems Services written and/or oral bilingual proficiency test (or other appropriate test selected by the County) to qualify.
To Apply: Apply online at www.governmentjobs.com and search the job title.
The department is currently recruiting for two (2) vacancies.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future full-time vacancies for a Medical Assistant I/II as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please upload ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
530-527-8491 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net