Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Full time or an extra Medical Assistant at our MMC Clinic.
Under the supervision of an LVN, RN, NP, PA and/or Physician, the CMA or MA provides care that meets the
psychosocial, physical and general aspects of patient care. Full time position is benefitted, Extra is a non-benefited
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Admits patient to clinic and takes vital signs and charts height and weight.
• Does initial assessment of clinic patient, charting chief complaint and other related signs and symptoms. Notifies
the provider of the patient’s condition. Assists in prioritizing patients in their need to see the provider.
• Ensures patient safety and transports the patient according to hospital policy.
• Prepares patients for exam and appropriate trays are set up. Assists the provider to carry out surgical and diagnostic
procedures. Carries out scope of practice as ordered by the provider.
• Aware of medical/legal aspects of clinic. Completes all forms and charting appropriately and accurately.
• Communicates with physician and team members about patient’s clinical condition.
• Maintains confidentiality on all patients.
• Checks rooms and restocks supplies daily.
• Attends annual CPR refresher course, safety and infection control courses and other related in-service programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Current CPR card.
• MA certificate preferred but not required
• Able to perform or learn phlebotomy procedures
• Previous training and healthcare experience preferred
For an application, apply on-line at: www.modocmedicalcenter.org
For questions Contact Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. at 530-233-4161 or email email@example.com.Minimum Education and Experience