***This position will be open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Medical Assistant. The preferred schedule for this position is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Fridays from 7 am-6 pm.
Under the direction of the assigned Nursing Supervisor and/or Director of Nursing, works as an integral part of the healthcare team, responsible for the facilitation and delivery of high quality, direct patient care.
- Certification as Medical Assistant or 2 years of related healthcare experience or education related to medical assistant.
- Knowledge of medical terminology/procedures, human anatomy and medical law/ethics.
- CPR certification required.
- Must be able to function and perform in a fast paced environment, problem solve, be a self starter and active team player.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works as a collaborative part of the healthcare team to assist with initial admission of patients to the Health Center. Tasks include, but not limited to, new patient intake/data entry, processing of release of information (ROI), providing support and guidance to medical reception staff and coordination with medical records, gathering health information for the medical providers.
- Responsible for the intake of patients for appointments, which includes verification of check-in procedures, review of medical screenings (depression, domestic violence), timely rooming, obtaining vital signs of patients (temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, pain levels, oxygen saturations) ; confirms chief complaints/reason for visit ; reviews patient medical history, allergies, medications, and confirms information in Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Anticipates medical provider’s needs, and is proficient in set-up of medical procedures, including but not limited to, performing and/or preparing ordered lab specimens, procedural tray set-up for vasectomies, circumcisions, IUD placement/removals, sutures, casts, pap and pelvic examinations.
- Responsible for data entry of patient information for compliance with quality measures (Quality Improvement Process (QIP); Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA), and Partnership Measures (as applicable) for facility reimbursement.
- Assists with patient flow management- acts as a liaison to inform patients of current status, wait time, relays pertinent information to providers and is responsible to facilitate follow-up scheduling of appointments and/or rescheduling as needed.
- Participates in patient education, ensuring the patient is provided resources to enhance understanding of medications, treatments, disease management, expectations and when to follow-up if needed. Assist with providing explanation of treatments and procedures at the start of applicable appointments.
- Proficient and responsible for the delivery of routine immunizations, including the ability to perform rights of medication administration (right drug, dose, route, reason, patient, time, documentation), the ability to identify appropriate injection sites (adult / well-child; and adhere to antiseptic technique with medication preparation and delivery.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.CPR certification requiredMinimum Education and Experience