Rolling Hills Clinic
Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Location: Corning, CA
Full-Time, Exempt; 40 hours per week
“Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.”
The Medical Clinic Site Manager (MCSM) is responsible to provide a stable working environment and meet the site’s Key Performance Metrics (KPMs) as identified by the organization, particularly around quality, access, patient and staff satisfaction.
The MCSM is responsible for the supervision of all medical care clinic administrative operations to ensure that the site operates effectively, efficiently and consistent with the Rolling Hills Clinic model of care delivery, focusing on Rolling Hills Clinic’s mission, vision and values.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides senior leadership in the medical clinic and is responsible for the overall operations of everything within the location.
2. Works with clinical and executive leadership team to determine with which external community resources and organizations we need to partner to better serve the needs of our patients.
3. Assist in developing agency-wide and site-specific goals and objectives designed to meet Rolling Hills Clinic’s mission and vision.
4. Lead the site leadership team and site staff to meet organizational goals.
5. Ensure a safe and well-maintained facility.
6. Form an effective partnership with the medical staff to ensure the delivery of high-quality medical services.
7. Oversees and monitors the day-to-day workflow and schedules of Patient Services Coordinators, Health Information Advocates, Patient Financial Counselors, and other staff within the Medical Clinic.
8. Work collaboratively with the site leadership team to achieve Key Performance Metrics (clinical, access, patient satisfaction and financial measures, etc.) and other organizational objectives.
9. Provide day-to-day leadership, direct supervision and coaching of other clinic staff.
10. Assist the Director of Operations in the development of policies and procedures related to operational systems and assure that staff receives adequate training to implement these policies and procedures.
11. Assure that the administrative requirements of Finance, IT and HR are met at the site.
12. Oversee and assure HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA, Safety, and other regulatory requirements are met at the sites.
13. Ensure site operations are consistent with the model and with those at other sites, follow proper channels to recommend system-wide changes, or justify why site should operate differently.
14. Oversee medical operation and delivery of services with special emphasis on referral between medical and dental services.
15. In collaboration with HR and site management staff, actively participate and assist in managing all hiring, orientation, and training of staff for the site. Collaborate with HR and medical director in provider hiring.
16. Ensure that staff are trained on and follow the principles of Advanced Access Scheduling.
17. Ensure that clinic access is adequate to meet patient needs and budgetary requirements.
18. Maintain high customer service standards.
19. Assure scheduling assistance is provided to schedule appropriate observation for privileging.
20. Assist HR in holding employees accountable for timely completion of their human resource duties (i.e., disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, competency assessments, time keeping approvals and payroll documentation, staff core training completed, credentialing and privileging paperwork)
21. Maintain a safe work environment:
22. Implement, review and actively enforce the clinic’s safety policies.
23. Support the safety program by actively looking for opportunities to improve safety practices and
evaluate staff for safety practices and ergonomic issues.
24. Hold staff accountable to clinic’s safety policies.
25. Ensure site has a well-functioning group visit program.
26. Ensure site has a good referral system for RHC and patient have no gaps in care.
27. Ensure that CHW are working closely with teams to provide outreach and health education to our patient’s population.
28. Work with the Director of Operations to determine with which area agencies (shelters, housing, mental health, hospital, etc.) to develop and maintain partnerships and strategies for patient community support network systems and how much staff time will be given to these activities.
29. Monitor access to electronic medical records to assure complete and confidential record keeping and compliance with HIPAA and Quality Assurance standards of the Center. Maintain employee confidentiality with the same degree of care.
30. Keep site operations functioning smoothly including proper functioning of telephones, computer systems, and building facilities.
31. Monitor patient scheduling to ensure appropriate access for patient care.
32. Maintain appropriate staffing for services offered and make hiring recommendations to Director of Operations.
33. Works with the medical leadership team, prepare the site’s annual budget and achieve budgetary goals and objectives.
34. Interface with outside support services as appropriate including janitorial, security, maintenance, etc. This will be mostly through working with facilities, and the Director of Operations.
35. Advocate for patients, investigate complaints, and bring problems to Center’s administrative attention.
36. Develop and maintain effective communication channels with staff and administration.
37. Participate in QI/QA activities.
38. Assure that all pertinent and necessary patient and medical information is collected and maintained for grant administration documentation.
39. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid CPR certification
- Valid California driver’s
1. Associates degree in Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
2. 5 years of experience in a medical health care setting with 2 years of supervisory experience required or a combination of education and experience.
3. Bilingual preferred
4. Experience with Indian Health Services is preferred.
5. Willingness to develop additional skills as needed.
6. Be able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with patients and fellow employees.
7. Ability to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline.
8. Ability to understand and adhere to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
9. Strong documentation skills
10. Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
11. Commitment to excellence and high standards
12. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
13. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
14. Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
15. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
16. Acute attention to detail
17. Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
18. Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
19. Understand and respond to a diverse population.
20. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
21. Strong interpersonal skills
22. Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
23. Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
24. Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
25. Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
26. Understand and respond to a diverse population.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
Pre-employment Drug Testing and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance through Federal, State and Child Abuse Index is a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic.
Provide vaccination records to show proof of immunity for TB, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, TDAP & Hep B. If the records are more than 10 years old, titers are required to confirm immunity. In compliance with CMS requirements, all employees are required to complete a full vaccination series against Covid-19. This facility strongly encourages all employees to maintain Up to Date Covid Vaccination Status.
COVID RAPID TEST REQUIREMENT
To protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic, you will be required to obtain a COVID Rapid Test onsite prior to date of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a health clinic setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Will work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.