***This position is open through Friday, February 16, 2024***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Medical Data and Referrals Specialist. The Preferred Schedule for this position is Monday- Friday from 8 am- 5 pm.
Coordinate referrals from Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Systems to other health care providers for patient care that is not performed at the Health Center. Referrals are made to providers such as physicians, diagnostic facilities, radiology, laboratories, and hospitals.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience with pre-authorization process for 3rd Party payers.
- Medical Terminology
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check
- Indian preference
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive referrals/requests from providers through the EHR and schedule outside care as indicated.
- Provide information to patients regarding referral provider name, address and phone number to allow patients to call to schedule appointment. Acquire pertinent records, labs, x-rays, diagnostic tests and health summaries related to the patient’s current condition from the medical records; forward information to the specialist or facility involved.
- Enter referral data, and insurance information into EHR..
- Track all referrals sent out to ensure completion of care and receipt of related documentation using SQL reports. .
- Maintain all required data in the EHR to comply with clinic, state and federal mandates.
- Request medical records/other additional information from outside healthcare facilities.
- Respond to authorized requests for information by outside healthcare facilities
- Receive outside records and scan to appropriate EHR patient file.
- Scan all ‘in house’ forms and documents to the appropriate EHR patient file.
- Track all stored historical paper charts and shred as per policy as they time out. Perform other related duties as needed.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.Minimum Education and Experience