Open Until Filled
The Medical Director is responsible for the quality of good clinical practice at Northeastern Rural Health Clinics (NRHC). This is accomplished through the provision of a quality assurance process, monitoring the clinical policies and procedures used to ensure quality of patient care with sensitivity to efficiency and cost effectiveness, and payer contracts. The Medical Director maintains good communication with both the provider staff and the management group helping to resolve problems related to operational issues affecting patient care services. The Medical Director is the lead spokesperson for the Medical Staff and represents them at Management and Board meetings. Likewise, the Medical Director is a management representative to the Medical Staff. The Medical Director also assists in budget and operational planning providing input into the decision-making process of the clinic as a full member of the management team.
- Current license to practice medicine in the State of California.
- Certification by an American Medical Specialty Board or licensed as a Doctor of Medicine.
- Current CPR and ACLS certification
- Possess current valid California Driver’s License and Liability auto insurance.
- Ability to use computer to produce reports and other data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the provision of basic services delineated in the NRHC Principles of Practice, planning and implementing all new medical services.
- Develop and implement medical policy in coordination with staff and CEO.
- Ensure that qualified medical personnel render medical decisions.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and orientation of medical providers.
- Review and ensure appropriate credentialing for all medical personnel.
- Ensure that medical protocols and rules of conduct for medical personnel are followed.
- Implement disciplinary procedures as appropriate.
- Resolve medical-related problems, referring non-medical grievances and grievances, which he/she determines, may be appropriately resolved through the grievance procedure, to the CEO.
- Assess needs for continuing medical education and training, making recommendations to CEO.
- Participate in and monitor daily clinic operations, including administrative functions.
- Coordinate and lead provider staff meetings monthly. Participate in other meetings as appropriate.
- Prepare and revise Health Care Plan annually for Federal grant application.
- Serve as spokesperson for the medical staff to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for Quality Improvement program at NRHC.
- Supervise Quality Improvement Director, attend QI meetings, monitor and oversee QI activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned, demonstrating flexibility and willingness to do extra work as needed, on an intermittent basis.
- Maintains strict confidentiality. Does not disclose confidential information regarding patients, co-workers, or the organization to unauthorized individuals in or out of the organization.
- Sensitive to customer service issues, displaying a positive attitude to patients, co-workers, and the organization as a whole.
- Responsive to supervisory feedback, utilizing constructive criticism in a positive manner.
- Maintains open communication and observes chain of command.
Questions on how to apply:
Human Resources Department
1850 Spring Ridge Drive
Susanville, CA 96130