Job Title: Medication Assistant
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: All Medication Assistants of Westmont Living communities are key team members, maintaining full accountability for fulfillment of the mission of Westmont Living at their respective communities. This position is responsible for the monitoring of the medication program and to oversee all activity in the medication room. This person assists the Resident Services Director in training new medication assistants and provides mentoring and shadowing.
Provide medication assistance documentation per policy and state requirements including:
- Ability to set up, record, and assist with medications ordered by physicians and/or the RN and the nursing
- Work with residents in a respectful, compassionate manner.
- Document medication assistance on Medication Assistance Records (MARs) immediately after assistance
- Leaves no blanks on MARs
- Document reasons for PRN medication on reverse of MARs and effectiveness of medication Count narcotics per procedure. Sign the Narcotic Count sheet for counting and immediately report to Resident Services Director and to off-going medication assistant leaving the shift, any discrepancy.
- Transcribe new medication orders correctly and order new medication in timely manner from pharmacy per
- Observe and practice the five “Rights” to Medication Administration when assisting a resident with self- administration of medication.
- Notify Resident Services Director if concerns regarding a resident’s ability to self-manage medications.
- Assure residents receive their medications as prescribed and in a timely manner.
- Record all medications on the Medication Assistance Records (MARs), Centrally Stored Records (CSRs), Narcotic logs, etc.
- Medication ordering and receiving, in a timely manner, ordering medications or notifying family members/responsible parties to pick up medications to assure availability for residents’ use and prevent running out of medications.
- Notify Resident Services Director when medications have not been delivered to the community in a timely
- Keep all medications in their appropriate storage area.
- Keep medication cupboard, carts, and doors locked at all times, when not in use.
- Keep medication room clean and well organized, free of any personal belongings, food and drink not directly used for resident medication assistance.
- Regular review of the resident MARS, CSRs, Pharmacy Transaction Records, and perform audits on a daily basis for incomplete documentation.
- Keep medication files and resident records current and up to date.
- Provide regular, ongoing professional communication with the pharmacy, physicians, families, residents, home health agencies, assisted living, memory care and management staff.
- Assist in scheduling Medication Assistant shifts when requested.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Caregiving/Medication Aide: 1 year (Preferred)
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks
Salary: 14.00 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
How to Apply: Email resume in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Medication Technician” as the subject.
THE TERRACES SENIOR LIVING
2750 Sierra Sunrise Terrace Chico, CA 95928Minimum Education and Experience