Restpadd, Inc is currently hiring for a Per-Diem Mental Health Technician.
Restpadd is a 16 bed inpatient psychiatric health facility in Redding for the acute treatment of adult patients experiencing a mental health crisis. The facility offers treatment of patients from all over northern California and provides a much needed resource to the community.
The Mental Health Technician (MHT) functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing continuous patient care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling to patients aged 18 and older. Mental Health Technicians work under the direction of a Registered Nurse/Clinical Director. The Mental Health Technician is responsible for providing treatment activities to the patient, which includes conducting community groups daily.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; or Degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare or related field, preferred.
- 6 months of related experience, with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques with understanding of mental illness, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- CPR certification required. Successful completion of the hospital’s designated behavioral and physical management training program or equivalent including de-escalation and appropriate use of seclusion and restraint required prior to assisting in the procedures. CPI training onsite is required. CPR certification and behavioral management certification must be maintained during employment. May be required to work overtime and flexible hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our facilities require anyone who enters the building to wear an N95 mask and face shield to protect yourself, staff, and our patients from possible transmission.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place