SALARY AND BENEFITS
Mental Health Therapist I: $35.00 per hour
Mental Health Therapist II: $40.00 per hour
5:00 p.m., April 23, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mental Health Therapist I/II provides clinical treatment to mental health patients and crisis intervention and counseling to
the public. The major duties of the job include:
• Function independently at a high level of responsibility in areas such as emergency psychiatric
• Provide 24-hour on-call crisis evaluation on rotation; arrange for acute hospitalization in an
• Collect, organize and present clinical observations to staff. Assist with design and implementation of
• May have responsibility for specified portions of counseling therapy and case management.
• May provide training for Mental Health Case Workers.
• Evaluate treatment progress and effect modifications as appropriate.
• Participate in a variety of treatment activities including individual and group psychotherapy; develop
aftercare and follow-up programs for clients.
• Obtain or fabricate materials for use in therapy activities.
• Organize and direct special mental health projects with the advice of medical and professional staff.
• Prepare daily records and summarized progress of treatment for clients.
• Other duties may be assigned.
About Lassen County