MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST I/II – Continuous
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Mental Health Therapist I: $27.37 – $33.01 per hour plus benefits package
Mental Health Therapist II: $30.05 – $36.28 per hour plus benefits package
NOTE: A negotiated 2% salary increase becomes effective the first full pay period following July 1,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mental Health Therapist I/II provides clinical treatment to mental health patients and crisis intervention and counseling to the public. The major duties of the job include:
- Function independently at a high level of responsibility in areas such as emergency psychiatric services.
- Provide 24-hour on-call crisis evaluation on rotation; arrange for acute hospitalization in an appropriate facility.
- Collect, organize and present clinical observations to staff. Assist with design and implementation of departmental programs.
- May have responsibility for specified portions of counseling therapy and case management.
- May provide training for Mental Health Case Workers.
- Evaluate treatment progress and effect modifications as appropriate.
- Participate in a variety of treatment activities including individual and group psychotherapy; develop aftercare and follow-up programs for clients.
- Obtain or fabricate materials for use in therapy activities.
- Organize and direct special mental health projects with the advice of medical and professional staff.
- Prepare daily records and summarized progress of treatment for clients.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education: Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in social work, psychology or a related field.
Experience: MHT I: Two years of experience providing counseling services to individuals with emotional and mental problems. Dual diagnosis training, experience and knowledge preferred.
MHT II: Three years of experience providing counseling services to individuals with emotional and mental problems. Dual diagnosis training, experience and knowledge preferred.
License: MHT I: Must be licensed-eligible practitioner registered with the California State Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
MHT II: Possession of licensure as an LCSW or MFC issued by the California State Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, or licensure as a Clinical Psychologist issued by the California State Board of Medical Examiners.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Bilingual, bicultural individuals and individuals with lived experience as a mental health consumers or family members are encouraged to apply.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to participate in interviews.
How to Apply
It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application obtained by visiting our website at: http://lassencounty.org in the Personnel/Risk Management Area, or visit our application center at:
Lassen County Personnel Department (530) 251 -8320
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.
Obtain a Lassen County application from the Personnel Office at the address listed below or by visiting our website at http://lassencounty.org