The Welder Fitter position is located In Oroville on an 18 acre lot with newly innovated technology both in our equipment and our software systems. You would report to the Structural Supervisor and be supported by the structural department, working closely with fellow team Welders, Quality Control, Project Management and Yard Staff. The nature of this role requires that you have in depth, hands on, working knowledge of structural steel welding, and must be proficient in the use of the tools used in the fabrication process , including, but not limited to, welders, grinders, bevellers, air arc, torches, measuring tapes, steel square , protractors, etc. This position requires years of structural fabrication knowledge and understanding of processes, and procedures that are crucial to maintain timely and accurate fabrication. You must possess basic knowledge of AWS D1.1 structural welding code procedures and requirements. You would perform these duties with the upmost professionalism in a positive team environment. This are just a mile high view of responsibilities in this growing position.
• Keep in close contact with the Structural Supervisor for all questions, issues, concerns, ideas, tool/equipment procurement, etc.
• Receive “For Fabrication” drawings from the Structural Supervisor. You will use that drawing to fabricate the member(s) shown on the drawing, being thorough, and ensuring quality, accuracy, timeliness, and completeness. Pride in your work is key.
• As a Fitter, you will be required to provide an accurate component layout on the fabricated member, ensuring that all components are attached to the main member as shown on the fabrication drawing. Attached members shall be done in adherence to AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code standards.
• All welds on structural members must meet the minimum standard as set forth in the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code.
• Notify Quality Control personnel when fabricated members are to be checked for accuracy, at required intervals per Metal Works’ Quality Control Plan.
• Use the tools provided for you in a safe manner, following all Personal Protective Equipment needs for your safety as well as the shop high standard of safety conditions.
What You Bring to the Team:
• Experience working in manufacturing
• You will need to pass a 3G AWS weld certification.
• Must be proficient in safely operating the following tools: welders, grinders, bevellers, air arc, torches, measuring tapes, protractors, steel square, and any other commonly used fabrication tools.
• A high level of organization.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize is a must.
• Ability to work as a team to accomplish day to day tasks.
• Working knowledge and understanding of welding and fabrication techniques.
• Understanding of shop plan reading, AWS D1.1 code requirements, and weld procedures.
• Understanding of Metal Works production procedures including, but not limited to Quality Control, material handling practices, and job hour tracking.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Bring safety standards to the highest professional level.
• Ability to climb stairs, extensive walking, hot and cold
• Ability to work a flexible schedule or after hours as needed
• Must be able to lift up to 75lbs to a height of 3-4 feet, to move or load material.
• Be able remain stationary, standing for extended periods of time.
How to Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Experienced Welder/Fitter” as the subject.Minimum Education and Experience