SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
Responsible for ensuring that components are properly cleaned to precise customer specifications as are described within engineering prints, and manufacturing routing instructions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / JOB DUTIES:
85 % Follows precise routing instructions to ensure products are cleaned to specification.
10 % Backs-up Final Prep in order to keep processes moving through the department.
5 % Assists other departments in achieving company production goals.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS / JOB DUTIES:
In addition to performance of the above essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon department necessity.
- Works closely with Production Control to ensure timely completion of highest priority jobs.
- Works closely with F-Prep department personnel to ensure prompt delivery of products.
- Interfaces closely with other support departments to keep processes moving through system.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Must possess the following knowledge, skill and ability, and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, by using some other combination of skills and abilities not listed below.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and understand precise prints and routing instructions.
- Safely operate forklift, hoists and other moving equipment in the movement of very heavy metal components (in and around open nitric acid tanks, and high-voltage equipment).
- Accurately input and extract data/information using basic computer/system skills.
- Ability to learn and apply safe handling procedures for equipment, chemicals and materials; plus ability to understand and follow MSDS requirements and their safe application.
Training: Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, or that would provide required knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the assigned job duties.
Experience: 0- months manufacturing experience, or equivalent;
Environment: 100% inside general manufacturing environment, where temperatures during the year can range from cold (60s) in the winter, to very hot (110+) in the summer.
Safety: Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 100+ pounds with assistance. Must wear safety glasses and face-shield while working near or around grinders, polishers, bead-blasting, etc. Must wear hearing protection; optional safety-belt while lifting heavy objects (over 25-pounds). Appropriate hygiene and clothing for a manufacturing environment with dangerous moving equipment.
Nor-Cal Products is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and related medical conditions, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, uniform service member and veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Offers of employment are contingent upon applicants’ ability to perform essential functions of employment; Successful results of pre-employment drug testing, plus acceptable background and reference checks.Minimum Education and Experience