Self Contained Middle School Grade-Level Classroom Teacher
Wage: $45,655 – $62,751/year
SUMMARY: Plans and implements an instructional program and provides related educational services for students. Manages student behavior, assesses and evaluates student achievement, and modifies instructional activities as required; carries out a variety of student monitoring activities; performs related duties as required or assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assesses student abilities as related to desired district educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Plans appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate principles of learning, classroom organizational structures, and kind and level of materials.
- Implements an instructional program which provides appropriate learning experiences for each student.
- Manages the behavior of learners in instructional setting to ensure environment is conducive to the learning experiences for each student.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional materials and available multimedia and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Requests assistance of and works with resource personnel, as needed.
- Works in a self-contained, team, departmental, itinerant capacity, or at field work site, as assigned.
- Continually assesses student achievement and maintains appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
- Ensures ongoing communication with parents, both written and oral, to keep them informed of student(s) progress.
- Provides age-appropriate communication with students on instructional expectations and keeps them informed of their progress in meeting those expectations.
- Manages allotted learning time to maximize student achievement.
- Assigns work to and supervises instructional assistants and parent and student volunteers if applicable.
- Ensures classroom and/or instructional environment is attractive, healthful, safe and conducive to learning and that materials are in good condition and assessable to students.
- Supports and participates in school wide student activities, social events and approved fundraising activities.
- Monitors student behavior in non-instructional areas as assigned or required and intervenes to control and modify disruptive behavior, reporting to administrator as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other professionals (Special Education teachers, Specialist teachers, Library Specialist, etc.) to carry out school wide instructional or related activities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must hold a valid California Teaching Credential for grades K-8. Possess organizational skills with expertise in formulating curriculum. Has knowledge of subject matter commonly taught in elementary school. Utilizes appropriate instructional strategies to insure student success.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where creative problem solving is required. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Multiple Subject Credential and CLAD/BCLAD or comparable EL authorization, Interns are Welcome to apply.
Candidates must include all of the required documentation:
- org application
- Letter of Introduction
- Copy of Credential printout from CTC website, including expiration date
- Two current (past 2 years) letters of recommendation related to employment
- Proof of TB clearance (upon hire)
- To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Go to edjoin.org and search for Richfield Elementary. Apply to the appropriate job opening.
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network. 4/19/21 sdMinimum Education and Experience