Job Description: The Mill Production Control Technician ensures the storage and disposition of rice by-product is consistent with Lundberg Family Farms (LFF) quality standards. This position communicates with the Mill Supervisor regarding quality milling of rice as well as safety rules and regulations. The Mill Production Control Technician controls all aspects of rice by-products, ensures all raw materials and finished goods are properly recorded and transferred in NAV, and adjusts all raw materials as needed in NAV. Safe Qualify Foods (SQF) responsibilities include practicing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), performing Mill cleaning activities, monitoring Metal Detection Devices (Metal Detectors Magnets, Toyos), manufacturing safe food, reporting food safety issues to the manager or supervisor, and inspecting facility prior to set-up.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities Maintenance
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all processes, powered industrial vehicles, and equipment.
- Operate and maintain all vehicles and equipment in good working condition.
- Ensure that all safety guards are in place when operating equipment.
- Report any vehicle, equipment or condition that is not fully functional immediately to the Mill Supervisor in order to maintain the safety of equipment and ensure a preventive maintenance program. Ensure all necessary repairs are completed.
- Ensure the sanitation in mill and packing house areas by practicing good housekeeping and sanitation procedures.
- Ensure accounting for production of all products throughout each day. Utilize computerized inventory system (NAV) on all packaged products produced.
- Manage rice by-product to ensure all varieties are separate at all times, within the milling facility. Ensure that personnel are properly trained on the processes needed regarding the organic system plan (OSP) and using all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s). Transport via forklift, to and from mill, all finished Product and Supplies for packaging.
- Electronically transfer all materials to and from the mill to maintain accurate inventory in NAV.
- Perform packaging and raw material physical inventory as required.
- Maintain all the byproduct paperwork and records.
- Move and clean grain trailers when milling from the mill side pit.
- Load hull trailers.
- Work with warehouse crew on the Hot Drop area for upcoming runs.
- Maintain clean and organized packaging material storage
- Adheres to safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for fellow employees within the regulations of all OSHA local, state and federal regulations.
- Complete necessary trainings to ensure all Lundberg certifications required for role are maintained as current. Certifications may include, but are not limited to, Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Back Safety, Forklift, Arc Flash, Confined Space, etc.
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Mill Supervisor to achieve department and company business goals.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with Lundberg Family Farms’ Attendance and Punctuality standards.
- Complete training required for position and maintain applicable
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic computer skills; ability to learn quickly on NAV.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to track product movement through NAV.
- Working knowledge of all the different varieties of rice that is processed through the mill in order to maintain the byproduct tanks for each individual mill run.
- Ability to do preventive maintenance checks on all equipment used by the Mill Production Control
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and managers at all times.
- Work well under pressure in order to meet multiple, and sometimes, competing deadlines.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Age: 18
Salary: 13.00 Hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, 401K, Profit Sharing
Job Application Methods Accepted:
How to Apply: All interested individuals can apply online at https://www.lundberg.com/info/employment/
Employer Information: LUNDBERG FAMILY FARMS
5370 Church Street
Richvale, CA 9597418 years old, Forklift Experience